• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

...and my Shadow Key rolled in too. :headbang:

Today is a good day for L&K!

Got mine today as well - I don't collect the series, but I'm totally digging the keys:

locke-keys.jpg

:o

wow those look awesome and I love the cabinet :grin:

I posted in a few places already(including Facebook), but what the heck!

Possibly Joe Hill's first appearance in comics based on his character from 1982's Creepshow.

177082_o0011.jpg

177082_r0011.jpg

An impossible 1st print to find in this high of grade.

:applause: Congrats Jerel! Beautiful book!!!

Great book Jerel, absolutely love it and hope to own one myself at some point :cloud9:

Loved the new issue, it even beat out WD this week (which was also awesome) :o
:o

But it was definitely a busy issue. Not as heart-breaking as HG's #6 or COS's #6, but on par with some of the best action-packed ones, COS's #2 and COS's #4-5. Great way to end the arc.

Got mine today as well - I don't collect the series, but I'm totally digging the keys:

locke-keys.jpg

Really nice set-up Michael. (worship)

I'm gonna hit the yard sales in Bedford & Amherst(richest towns with the best furniture) hard this summer, for a nice antique dark wood cabinet myself. Something Gothic-ey.

I posted in a few places already(including Facebook), but what the heck!

Possibly Joe Hill's first appearance in comics based on his character from 1982's Creepshow.

177082_o0011.jpg

177082_r0011.jpg

An impossible 1st print to find in this high of grade.

:applause: Congrats Jerel! Beautiful book!!!

Great book Jerel, absolutely love it and hope to own one myself at some point :cloud9:

I can't wait until I get it from Sarasota, hopefully by Saturday. This was a fun book to find, because it let me expand my focus ever so slightly without breaking it.

wow that was one hardcore locke & key book I thought sam was really cool if only he had a chance to finish ... but would that have = bodes death ?.. Got to say I am really worried for bode right now

It just showed how readily planned Zack.... no not him... Luke..."Dodge" hm I guess they don't really exist anymore either, was. Sam really didn't have a chance, IMHO. He'll have to "team" with Bode on the grounds of Keyhouse if they want to fix this mess. This development really worries me too, meaning if the TV show follows too close to the source material, this gonna be hard for a child actor to pull off, believably. Hopefully they got the right kid.

Definitely, worthy of another series alone. This series cannot contain him/her/it. I see L&K #1's and #2's having a nice future in the Marketplace if there is a spin-off when the series wraps.

Because let's face it, evil this good shouldn't ever stop. lol

Just got a notice from DCBS that my order for the limited editions coming out has been adjusted due to availability. Sure am glad I ordered 100 thru my LCS. Im sure ill have 9.8-9.9's, lol
:ohnoez:

I asked bum for a 9.8 lol:) I also have an order for a raw from dcbs That notice kind of scares me cause I don't know how they can adjust "one" book hm

:cool:

DSC03838Large.jpg

I think "Dodge" has now become one of the top ten comic book villians of all time. My 2c

awesome picture was waiting for someone to do that :) I agree about dodge he seems pure evil though now I am wondering even more about that thing on his back

Definitely, worthy of another series alone. This series cannot contain him/her/it. I see L&K #1's and #2's having a nice future in the Marketplace if there is a spin-off when the series wraps.

Because let's face it, evil this good shouldn't ever stop. lol

I've said it before I wouldn't mind seeing how it all started :) I think that school play has a big part to do with it as well .... :frustrated: you brought up #2 I totally can't wait to see how my books turn out with the signing :whee:

Edited by synch

Do not read if you haven't read KTTK #6

I don't think the Locke Kids have a chance against this demon, because let's face it the 6-year-old "brains" of the outfit is now technically dead with no way other than Rufus to contact his siblings. Unless Rufus, "mans up" after what Zack did to his mother(which might happen) it's gonna be a dark arc. I'm thinking Nina and family might take him in and he might discover what's in Bode or meet up with Bode's spirit.

I though Kinsey was wearing the Strength Necklace the way she had that "Full Metal Jacket" look in her eye the way Tyler did when he wore it, the way she dispatched Zack so easily with the pair of ice skates. Which was a refreshing weapon of choice, IMHO.

I mean it. :sumo:

I've said it before I wouldn't mind seeing how it all started :) I think that school play has a big part to do with it as well .... :frustrated: you brought up #2 I totally can't wait to see how my books turn out with the signing :whee:
I'm seriously considering buying Cheryl's SS CGC 9.8 of #2 she has on eBay right now for "investment purposes". She will tell you, I have a knack for this with this series. "Dodge" is now too big of a character to just stop when the series wraps next June.

Loved the new issue, it even beat out WD this week (which was also awesome) :o
Steve, did you ever notice how this series follows a major event from The Walking Dead with a similar one.

A couple examples...

In TWD #48, Lori and Judith get shot. A month later, in L&K #4, a mother and infant are shot on a bus by Sam Lesser.

In TWD #83, the youngest is critically injured and most likely dead. A month later, in L&K: KTTK #6, the youngest is "done away with".

...and my Shadow Key rolled in too. :headbang:

Today is a good day for L&K!

locke-keys.jpg

What is the difference between the two Ghost keys?

Thanks.

Dan

AND the original 2009 SDCC Ghost key does NOT have hollowed out eyes where the Legacy Edition Ghost Key does.