• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

wow that was one hardcore locke & key book I thought sam was really cool if only he had a chance to finish ... but would that have = bodes death ?.. Got to say I am really worried for bode right now

It just showed how readily planned Zack.... no not him... Luke..."Dodge" hm I guess they don't really exist anymore either, was. Sam really didn't have a chance, IMHO. He'll have to "team" with Bode on the grounds of Keyhouse if they want to fix this mess. This development really worries me too, meaning if the TV show follows too close to the source material, this gonna be hard for a child actor to pull off, believably. Hopefully they got the right kid.

do you think sam is still alive ... He was in a new body what happens if you die in a body when not in ghost forum? I'd love to see some sam & bode ghost interaction It would be great to see sam get some justice going on (ironic I know but I want him to have at least a good redeeming ending)

...and my Shadow Key rolled in too. :headbang:

Today is a good day for L&K!

Got mine today as well - I don't collect the series, but I'm totally digging the keys:

locke-keys.jpg

What is the difference between the two Ghost keys?

Thanks.

Dan

AND the original 2009 SDCC Ghost key does NOT have hollowed out eyes where the Legacy Edition Ghost Key does.

Thanks. I picked up one at SDCC and I was wondering if the only difference was the cert. I got mine signed by Joe.

Dan

Got mine today as well - I don't collect the series, but I'm totally digging the keys:

locke-keys.jpg

Thanks.

Dan

AND the original 2009 SDCC Ghost key does NOT have hollowed out eyes where the Legacy Edition Ghost Key does.

Thanks. I picked up one at SDCC and I was wondering if the only difference was the cert. I got mine signed by Joe.

Dan

I think only a certain amount were signed While the rest were just numbered & not signed ... Iknow mine is not signed

locke-keys.jpg

Thanks.

Dan

Dan

I think only a certain amount were signed While the rest were just numbered & not signed ... Iknow mine is not signed

I believe the keys could be purchased and Joe Hill was available at the Con for signing, but none of them were pre-signed. The person who purchased one for me had his and mine signed by Joe while he was at SDCC. :)

right that sounds more like it! I seem to recall now readinga bout how joe could sign them... but since I was getting the key before I even read any of the books I didn't care much about his autograph then so didn't have my friend bother

locke-keys.jpg

Thanks.

Dan

Dan

I believe the keys could be purchased and Joe Hill was available at the Con for signing, but none of them were pre-signed. The person who purchased one for me had his and mine signed by Joe while he was at SDCC. :)

I stood in a long line with a bunch of nice people (maybe some of you). Joe was very patient and humble. One of the memorable parts of SDCC 09 for me.

Dan

wow that was one hardcore locke & key book I thought sam was really cool if only he had a chance to finish ... but would that have = bodes death ?.. Got to say I am really worried for bode right now

It just showed how readily planned Zack.... no not him... Luke..."Dodge" hm I guess they don't really exist anymore either, was. Sam really didn't have a chance, IMHO. He'll have to "team" with Bode on the grounds of Keyhouse if they want to fix this mess. This development really worries me too, meaning if the TV show follows too close to the source material, this gonna be hard for a child actor to pull off, believably. Hopefully they got the right kid.

do you think sam is still alive ... He was in a new body what happens if you die in a body when not in ghost forum? I'd love to see some sam & bode ghost interaction It would be great to see sam get some justice going on (ironic I know but I want him to have at least a good redeeming ending)

I think Sam is still trapped on the grounds of Keyhouse. Back to square one. I also think Luke/Dodge's body is done though. No chance to for a redemption, like Sam has tried. Which, is a pity because we will never meet the real Dodge, other than a possible flashback. I always felt pity for Sam. He reminded me of one of those dumb/lonely kids former-NH resident Pam Smart duped into killing her husband, 20 years back. The lady in the Well form was all it took for Sam to do what he did.

I'm new to this title and thinking of getting the first appearance of Locke and Key. Which title and issue number is considered first appearance? Thanks.

Jerel will tell me if I am wrong but, Locke & Key #1: Welcome to Lovecraft arc, is the first proper appearance. There are glimpses of the world etc in Joe hills other books, prior to this, i.e Spider-man Unlimited and Grave Tales #6. Locke and key also appeared in the preview books IDW: Coming Attractions #1 and the tenth anniversary books but I don't know if these pre-date the Locke and Key #1 mentioned

:bump:

The Locke & Key Universe can be spotted throughout Joe's previous works. Spider-Man Unlimited #8 and Grave Tales #6 and could be considered prototypes to characters and their actions. Heart-Shaped Box has alot of elements from the Crown of Shadows arc. Bits and pieces of tone can be seen Joe's short story collection 20th Century Ghosts too. The first "preview" book was Doctor Who Classics #2, followed by Cory Doctorow #4 and Dominatrix #6. But, the very first appearance would be found in Locke & Key #1. Dodge making a cameo in #1 before her/his/it's first full appearance in L&K #2(that's one to watch-as he has proved he is no bumbling comic book villian). Dodge's appearance and voice mannerisms(no leafy crown or broken voice) were later changed in the DF's, Special Edition, $1 book and trade. This might make the first and second prints more desirable, because of his original unaltered first appearance. Knesia Solo's acting might boost sales too.

I think Sam is still trapped on the grounds of Keyhouse. Back to square one. I also think Luke/Dodge's body is done though. No chance to for a redemption, like Sam has tried. Which, is a pity because we will never meet the real Dodge, other than a possible flashback. I always felt pity for Sam. He reminded me of one of those dumb/lonely kids former-NH resident Pam Smart duped into killing her husband, 20 years back. The lady in the Well form was all it took for Sam to do what he did.

I think Sam is dead. His arc is done. He went into a body and died. Just like anybody else would be dead.

He only became a ghost the 1st time because Dodge tossed him through the doorway just before his body died.

Also, the original Zack may still be inside Dodge(Bode). We don't know exactly how the parasite thing works. Maybe it's attached to his soul? (shrug)

I think Sam is dead. His arc is done. He went into a body and died. Just like anybody else would be dead.

He only became a ghost the 1st time because Dodge tossed him through the doorway just before his body died.

Also, the original Zack may still be inside Dodge(Bode). We don't know exactly how the parasite thing works. Maybe it's attached to his soul? (shrug)

You know. I think you are right about Sam. I guess I was caught up in all the stuff that happened in that issue, that I couldn't take it all in.

nuts I kind of liked the idea of a ghost sam & bode team up guess we will just have to wait and see.... maybe there will a loop hole since it wasn't sams original body (shrug)

cheryllynn can't see these annana :popcorn::roflmao::juggle:

Edited by synch

It sucks that Sam didn't amount to anything, even with all the powers in ghost form, but he really didn't amount to anything while being alive either. Any Han Solo moments of helping Luke blow up the Death Star would have probably been too cliche anyway. So, I'm glad it ended the way it did. It truly showed how evil and diabolical Dodge really is and how original Joe is a writer.

I really wish Cheryl kept up with reading them monthly, I miss our discussions on where the plot is going we used to have. She would be loving this issue. But, when she catches up...