• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

...and I can totally understand why it couldn't be turned into a mini-series, since the covered WTL #1-6(Sam Lesser was dealt with) in the 52 minute pilot. doh!

If they go further they will be in $$$ territory. Open heads revealing countries of your thoughts, armies of shadow creatures, giants duking it out...

It's too bad FOX didn't have a safety plan and shot the pilot a little more gradual(they might have been able to do a WTL mini-series that might have led to a series commitment). Right now, no network is gonna jump at an unknown independent comic with an effects budget. Once, Sf-Fy passed, you are gonna lose more of the magical wonder of the property(bad effects or not).

Remember, most comic properties have a built in audience and if not, everyone knows about zombies. It's why Chew and L&K has/or had a daunting task of establishing a unique universe of magical keys/mending cabinets/Drowning Caves/Dodge or cannibalistic mythologies/Poyo/...

I think you're selling yourself short here - Locke & Key has always seemed much more TV/movie-friendly than Chew. I personally think Chew is going to fail quite spectacularly when they try to bring it to the small screen :shrug:

well after hearing that I am not surprised one bit that no one is picking up the show ... It needs to be spread out more into at least one season ... no effing wonder it failed as a tv series ... Honestly it sounds more like a movie than anything else

;)

I'm getting ready to change my L&K registry set and put in my SS copies in place of the HG stuff. It's what I really like and I'm accumulating more and more SS for this set but it will NEVER be a total SS set like my Dark Tower Gunslinger Born. Hope to do it this weekend, maybe even tonight.

Oh, I didn't mean sell my set. :gossip: Just yet.

I meant cool movie momentos sold on eBay, like the eBay seller who sells props from the Saw movies. I usually buy Danvers Mental Hospital stuff myself too. Paperwork, office stuff, frontal labatomy tools... Session 9 is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I think you're selling yourself short here - Locke & Key has always seemed much more TV/movie-friendly than Chew. I personally think Chew is going to fail quite spectacularly when they try to bring it to the small screen :shrug:
I'm not sure if I agree that L&K had a better chance than Chew. Alot of people don't know this, but Frank Darabont had alot of interest in this before The Walking Dead. But, Joe (rumored) didn't want his involvement, because of majority efforts involving his father's works. Whether, true or not, I'm hoping for a possible movie project from someone as influential. I couldn't see the Locke kids battling Dodge week to week anyway, without looking redundant. If they had a variety of villians working with Dodge, it might have worked better(like Buffy), but this "project" was doomed from get go. I'm just hoping Danny(MutantKeys) picks me up a Joe Hill autographed bootleg L&K promo DVD at SDCC this year. lol

;)

I'm getting ready to change my L&K registry set and put in my SS copies in place of the HG stuff. It's what I really like and I'm accumulating more and more SS for this set but it will NEVER be a total SS set like my Dark Tower Gunslinger Born. Hope to do it this weekend, maybe even tonight.

Cheryl, I was browsing your very impressive Alpha Flight registry set. Awesome collection. How did you come across so many high grade 80s and 90s comics?

;)

Cheryl, I was browsing your very impressive Alpha Flight registry set. Awesome collection. How did you come across so many high grade 80s and 90s comics?

Thank you!!!!!

TWO WORDS: Worldwide Comics :)

Doc Joe directed me to Stephen Ritter when I started collecting my AFs as Stephen was just starting to grade a huge collection he had purchased. I did purchase from Reynoldjay on eBay, ComicLink and some I even scored myself but the majority came from Ritter.