• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

maybe as a animated series ?.. lol .... I could see a movie or two maybe one movie to cover both WTLC & head games with the other following the next two also .... tv movie.... Shrug that hotel movie with the magic objects got made why not this one ... I also really enjoyed that movie ... Sucks it never got a proper ending

When I heard this was gonna be a TV series, I immediately wondered how much of the backstory we were gonna get first. I mean, it's currently unraveling as we speak. People don't want to enter a story at the end. Once, I read it was gonna be pretty faithful to the WTL series, I wondered where they were gonna go with one villian a week, with the events prior to this story a mystery. Mysteries really don't play well week to week on the boob tube. What Joe did with the storytelling in the comic format was amazing, but I really don't think it can be almost carbon copy replicated for other media. Where as Head Games can go for six issues, I don't think it could go an entire season. Three episodes tops. I guess the Omega arc only takes place within one night even. I just don't see these things in anything other than a movie or two. If they want to expand with future generations of Lockes intertwining with past ones fo has damned this r more vehicles, I would be game. But, as much as Dodge is one of the best comic villians of all-time, he/she could not carry the series alone. I saw this project doomed since get go, unless serious changes were made. Meaning more characters and story padding. Fans of the series knows this series is too self contained for 22 episodes a year for 5 years. We, will know the ending by next year even for the current generation of Lockes. The only way this series would have worked was for it to have hopscotched through the past and present, like the Highlander series, without giving away too many secrets to the loyal floppy readers.

...Now an almost three hour movie would have been wayyyyy more logical. Now don't be mad, but we have to admit WTL, would be Act One, HG would be a great start to Act Two with COS as some mid-movie mayhem, jettison alot of KTTK... you get the idea with Omega being the climax. It would be great incentive for Joe to continue the Locke's journey, if it played well.

But, that is not the case here. Now. The loser dust on this Hollywood property through poor management has damned this title probably forever. :(

Saw a young woman working the register at Market Basket yesterday, sporting the Kinsey Locke look right down to the piercings and hair(it was amazingly accurate right down to the braid). It was like she stepped right out of the comic. She made Sarah Bolger look lazy, with her look. lol

Wish my cell phone had a camera on it and more importantly I wish I was 12 years younger. :cry:

Hey guys,

My first post on this forum.......

just a quick questtion. I bought a special edition variant CGC-SS 9.8 for $100 on ebay yesterday. what do you guys think??

Only drawback for me is that I live in the Netherlands so S&H is an aditional $32 :-(

furthermore a bought an KTTK #1 signed edition directly from IDW's Ebay account in perfect shape for about $40 and a few more good items.

Just wish i could send them to CGC for grading but the shipping cost would just kill me.

thanx for any replies.

I think you're selling yourself short here - Locke & Key has always seemed much more TV/movie-friendly than Chew. I personally think Chew is going to fail quite spectacularly when they try to bring it to the small screen :shrug:
I'm not sure if I agree that L&K had a better chance than Chew. Alot of people don't know this, but Frank Darabont had alot of interest in this before The Walking Dead. But, Joe (rumored) didn't want his involvement, because of majority efforts involving his father's works. Whether, true or not, I'm hoping for a possible movie project from someone as influential. I couldn't see the Locke kids battling Dodge week to week anyway, without looking redundant. If they had a variety of villians working with Dodge, it might have worked better(like Buffy), but this "project" was doomed from get go. I'm just hoping Danny(MutantKeys) picks me up a Joe Hill autographed bootleg L&K promo DVD at SDCC this year. lol

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by "majority efforts"? First I have heard of this. I think Frank Darabont has been ultimately the most successful adapter of King's works to film. I am surprised he didn't get the Dark Tower.

I think you're selling yourself short here - Locke & Key has always seemed much more TV/movie-friendly than Chew. I personally think Chew is going to fail quite spectacularly when they try to bring it to the small screen :shrug:
I'm not sure if I agree that L&K had a better chance than Chew. Alot of people don't know this, but Frank Darabont had alot of interest in this before The Walking Dead. But, Joe (rumored) didn't want his involvement, because of majority efforts involving his father's works. Whether, true or not, I'm hoping for a possible movie project from someone as influential. I couldn't see the Locke kids battling Dodge week to week anyway, without looking redundant. If they had a variety of villians working with Dodge, it might have worked better(like Buffy), but this "project" was doomed from get go. I'm just hoping Danny(MutantKeys) picks me up a Joe Hill autographed bootleg L&K promo DVD at SDCC this year. lol

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by "majority efforts"? First I have heard of this. I think Frank Darabont has been ultimately the most successful adapter of King's works to film. I am surprised he didn't get the Dark Tower.

Like Joe King's pen name, "Joe Hill", he wants to separate himself as far away as he can to Stephen King. Frank Darabont and Mick Garris(an example) shot a whole lot of King movies and mini-series. Joe is more Spielberg-ian, than King anyway. My 2c

You bought it from me and got a HELL of a deal! Should be a $3-400 book. I actually lost money on that book.
Might be more high grade copies entering the market really soon.

Not really concerned about losing money, but more, "washing my hands". hm

Stay tuned. :popcorn:

You bought it from me and got a HELL of a deal! Should be a $3-400 book. I actually lost money on that book.

Yes he did... I wanted that book but spent all my comic funds over the weekend at the Cherry Capital Con. :(

I know there are more of them out there... just have to wait my turn for another!

Yes he did... I wanted that book but spent all my comic funds over the weekend at the Cherry Capital Con. :(

I know there are more of them out there... just have to wait my turn for another!

How about a 9.9? hm

How about a 9.9? hm

That would be fabulous BUT this was a 9.8 SS and you know how I am about SS copies. :whee:

How about a 9.9? hm

That would be fabulous BUT this was a 9.8 SS and you know how I am about SS copies. :whee:

:cry:

i liked it better when there was only 3 of those cgc 9.8 & i had one :P

lol

oh well when locke & key is over I shall buy them all for a nice shiny nickle open & dent them all :devil:

Edited by synch