• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Oh, I see the little face now :) Yaaaay!

Just curious...does anyone know what those SDCC Exclusive Keys to the Kingdom Hardcovers were selling for at the con itself? Saw one go on ebay the other day for $200!

:o WTF was that signed or something ?i knew i should have put that on my list i duno why i didn't (shrug)

Yeah but did it SELL for that? They normally don't raise the price of the HC just because they are for sale at SDCC, plus you get the benefit of getting it signed since Joe and Gabriel were both there...

Oh, I see the little face now :) Yaaaay!

Just curious...does anyone know what those SDCC Exclusive Keys to the Kingdom Hardcovers were selling for at the con itself? Saw one go on ebay the other day for $200!

:o WTF was that signed or something ?i knew i should have put that on my list i duno why i didn't (shrug)

Yeah but did it SELL for that? They normally don't raise the price of the HC just because they are for sale at SDCC, plus you get the benefit of getting it signed since Joe and Gabriel were both there...

I see several on ebay right now and it looks like they are all signed. I think the cheapest one listed is at a buy it now price of $175, but the description makes it sound like its in pretty rough shape. There is also one listed for over $400 :o but it also includes several keys. Here is the link to the one that sold for $200 a couple days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-2x-Locke-Key-4-Joe-Hill-PHOTO-SDCC-Excl-/270787800949?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3f0c35ef75#ht_1131wt_698

I didn't realize that there was a different cover for the KTTK HC at SDCC. I would have had someone pick me up one. :cry:

Aye Carumba! Me neither. How much was it going for at the show?

Probably list price... they usually don't sell them for a premium. $25 HC is a $25 HC even at a Con.

I wish i had remembered to put that on my list lol ... Oh something funny ... My friend just showed me a picture of some haulage I've been building up at his place ...

photo.jpg

I have no idea when but I guess I brought that locke & key book at some point either from here or ebay :S

I wish i had remembered to put that on my list lol ... Oh something funny ... My friend just showed me a picture of some haulage I've been building up at his place ...

photo.jpg

I have no idea when but I guess I brought that locke & key book at some point either from here or ebay :S

Didn't you buy a L&K variant in Jerel's sales thread? :)

I didn't realize that there was a different cover for the KTTK HC at SDCC. I would have had someone pick me up one. :cry:

It was $40 at the show...

I wish I snagged a few :cry:

Keys.jpg

My latest have been added. Love this stuff and the comic. Oh one more thing, remember the teaser image for Clockworks, where Joe Hill said, 'an important detail is missing from this picture'? I looked at the cover and at the teaser and I still don't see the difference. Anyone?

Edited by ComicDiva89

Teaser ?.. How bout some links cause i duno what you are talking about :S . Oh I like the picture :) only I can't see the key at the very top, think you need some more lighting

Wow ok maybe that is why it was not on my list ... Ican get the next .. 3 locke & key hc with that lol its the same cover just with a couple more keys on it so :censored: it imo not worth that much more . If I knew it was going to go for $200 + on ebay then I would have picked up a couple for sure lol that would pay for both the cost & shipping of that giant key ... which i guess I most likely won't be buying

Edited by synch

Feast Your Eyes from Joe Hill Fiction

We’ve still got two issues of LOCKE & KEY: KEYS TO THE KINGDOM left to go, but here’s a preview of the first cover for LOCKE & KEY: CLOCKWORKS, due late spring, early summer. One note: a key detail has been photoshopped out of this image, to eliminate a spoiler from the final issue of KEYS. It’s pretty shocking but, nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah, we’re not telling.

Stabby-Stabstab.jpg

The portion in bold is what I'm referring to.

Wow ok maybe that is why it was not on my list ... Ican get the next .. 3 locke & key hc with that lol its the same cover just with a couple more keys on it so :censored: it imo not worth that much more . If I knew it was going to go for $200 + on ebay then I would have picked up a couple for sure lol that would pay for both the cost & shipping of that giant key ... which i guess I most likely won't be buying

I know what you mean...but...I think I must have a sickness as far as variants go. Me love them toooo much :insane: I will HAVE to own that SDCC HC at some point. If its a variant I gotta have it. At least with Locke & Key there's usually only one variant per issue and I think this is the first one for a hardcover.

honestly i think its just hype price will go down soon enough i bet ya. If you going to spend some big cash save it for the life size giant key prop display :)

by the key house well there is a couple shadowed out on the cover but I don't see what that has to do with KTTK #6

I just spent waaay too long comparing the actual cover of the comic book to the image that was supposed to have something Photoshoped out. I don't see any difference. Where am I supposed to look?

I must be completely blind. I can't see any figures by the well on the copies that I have :( Of course it could be entirely possible that I am completely misunderstanding what is going on. Does anyone have a scan or link for both images?