• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Found two scarce KTTK #5 RIs in a 50% off bargain bin today. :cool:

Nicely done!

BTW Locke & Key just won the British Fantasy Award for best graphic novel and Clockworks is #2 on the NY Times Bestseller list this week :) KTTK is #8.

A VF/NM run of Welcome to Lovecraft 1-6 and Head Games 1-6 sold on eBay last month for just under $140, so these are still doing alright on the aftermarket. As you may know, a lot of collectors jumped ship on L & K after Fox passed on a show based on the comics. If L & K ever does get turned into a TV series or movies, prices should go up. However, in the short term, I wonder if the value will hold after the title concludes next year. If you're not into the comic, I'd get what you can now.

Wow! That's a great buy considering that someone just bought a Legacy Edition Ghost key on ebay today for $60. The Legacy Editions are still available on the website for $25. I will never understand why people do that...

This tweet from Producer/Writer Roberto Orci was retweeted by Joe Hill today:

“@Corpse_Bride17: Oh PLEASE say that the rumor about you and Kurtzman making #LockeAndKey a film trilogy is true. PLEASE PLEASE!” true

IMDB Link

Since the pilot used up six comic books I am not sure how a TV show would have worked out. The movie trilogy makes a lot more sense.

With all of the TV and movie adaptations L&K is way too good to be ignored for long.