• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Got Gas?

15 posts in this topic

Gasoline jumped another 24 cents here today. How is it that we continue to get fleeced by OPEC? It just pisses me off to watch the price go up when the price of crude keeps going down. Our hole is worn out now. You can stop doing us dry!

rantrant

For the most part the price of gas is controlled by traders at the NYMEX. Today gas is selling on the exchange for $1.32 per gallon. Add in the cost for Federal and State Tax. Add in delivery charges and about 1 to 2 cents for the store owner and you should get close to the price per gallon. So in St. Louis after just adding in the taxes, it should be around $1.68, then add in the other costs for delivery and the station owner. $1.99 sounds a little high, but production is very low right now in the gulf states. Most gas I believe is made with Brent Crude oil from the North sea which is also selling higher then regular Crude so that is another factor.

The price for Brent is up on speculation that China is going to import and stockpile it.

And not to be a , but your math is off. Went up 25 cents, not 24. And the price is set by investors who just got our tax money to bail them out of not having a new ferrari. I agree with dice, he's just blaming the wrong person for the anal beating

but the comic will last you longer, and 10 to 1 you'll enjoy the comic more. Plus a comic keeps value, even a decreasing one, gas won't after use.

I think there is a 1 in 10 chance i would enjoy a new comic. And if you can't sell a new comic back to the comic dealer one month later can you say it has monetary value?

think.gif