• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY PHOOKIN BATSHITE.....MIKE GOLDMAN'S SHOWCASE 4 CGC 9.6

44 posts in this topic

the # 8 is a 9.2 WHITE

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35008&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

beautiful condition...............look @ the greens

How about looking at the creases on this overgraded book? (shrug)

I agree. It's a stunning book, but no way is that a 9.2. It's an 8.5 max, and that's being generous.

I'm with you. 8.5 is a stretch with that lower corner creasing, and they break color too. I dont know if its even a 8.0 with all the creasing. hm

DRX

up for acution with his showcase run

i remember Mike and his newly found run being featured in CBM or the like in the early 90's back when Showcase and B+B were superhot

amazing amazing books

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7007&Lot_No=0&LotIdNo=35004&ts=off#Photo

discuss

do you ever read a thread besides ones you start yourself? have you ever started a thread that hasn't been discussed elsewhere here before?

the # 8 is a 9.2 WHITE

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=7007&LotIdNo=35008&txtSearch=&hdnSearch=true

I agree. It's a stunning book, but no way is that a 9.2. It's an 8.5 max, and that's being generous.

I'm with you. 8.5 is a stretch with that lower corner creasing, and they break color too. I dont know if its even a 8.0 with all the creasing. hm

DRX

Haters! :baiting:

classic cgc 9.2 grade

buy the label, not the book

Yeahhh... NO.

Lumberg? hm

And those grades are whacky, as in tobaccky was being smoked when they were given.

classic cgc 9.2 grade

Yeahhh... NO.

Lumberg? hm

And those grades are whacky, as in tobaccky being smoked when given.

Kenny is a fool

the # 8 is a 9.2 WHITE

As one who has submitted and been disappointed in quite a few CGC grades on my DC's, that grade seems about 2-3 grades too high. there are 4 pretty defined creases on that thing and small impact/wire marks on the top of both covers.

It's a beauty to be sure but wow... :o

I thought the #4 had a rough top edge, left side, for a 9.6.

Agree, also appears to be a bit of visible spine stress... coupled with the top edge, this is a questionable 9.6 in my book. Though it's still real purty!

I'd give the scan the benefit of the doubt and assume that what we're seeing is the scanners light reflecting off a slightly tilted overhang.

However, not sure how in the world any book without 4 super sharp corners can garner a 9.6. that ULC is far from ideal........... hm

Still, a "to-die-for" copy... (worship)

There's no way for that book to rightfully claim a 9.6. Thumb pulls are all over the top, corners are blunted, and there's some kind of schmutz going on the LRC just above the 'V'.

There are also rubbing marks on the spine, not to mention the color-breaking spine dings. Matt Nelson might be able to fix the NCB creases, but if I were you I'd never crack that slab...there's no way you'll ever get a 9.6 agaIn, I give it an 8.0, maybe an 8.5.

If I ever submit a book to CGC I'm going to send a print out of this 9.6 and a little note that reads "Look at this book that got a 9.6. Now look at my book. Now look at the 9.6 book again. Now look at my book. Okay.... grade."

classic cgc 9.2 grade

Yeahhh... NO.

Lumberg? hm

And those grades are whacky, as in tobaccky was being smoked when they were given.

(thumbs u Absolutely. I think our "good" doctor has been self-medicating a bit too much as well.

the # 8 is a 9.2 WHITE

I think it's a 8.0...8.5 on a "I just got laid" day.