• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROLE CALL for Adams' collectors....

110 posts in this topic

Agree with those:

TOD 1 - first Dracula

MF 1 - Conan cover (but the interior's a reprint)

MF 2 - First Werewolf by Night

What I find odd is that the Weird Western Tales No. 12 guides at $140 because Adams and Wrightson combined on 4 pages of art. No. 15 has a NA cover and 12 pages of his pencils and it didn't crack the list.

And what about JLA 94? Adams pencils 4 pages. It guides at $100 bucks and sold for $183 according to the GPA as Rob pointed out.

Personally, I'd take a slabbed Neal Adams cover over one that he just contributed two or three pages to on the interior...

Agree with those:

TOD 1 - first Dracula

MF 1 - Conan cover (but the interior's a reprint)

MF 2 - First Werewolf by Night

What I find odd is that the Weird Western Tales No. 12 guides at $140 because Adams and Wrightson combined on 4 pages of art. No. 15 has a NA cover and 12 pages of his pencils and it didn't crack the list.

And what about JLA 94? Adams pencils 4 pages. It guides at $100 bucks and sold for $183 according to the GPA as Rob pointed out.

Personally, I'd take a slabbed Neal Adams cover over one that he just contributed two or three pages to on the interior...

weird western #12 is actually #1 and is the 3rd jonah hex, so its more with being a first issue than the wrightson combo. Great book by the way......

mad.gif Those 100 pgs have more to do with their "hard to find in grade" nature makepoint.gif
Still better than a Bats 222! tongue.gif Seriously, why does a group that was more important back then affect the value of this book now? The cover isn't any more spectacular than the surrounding Adams covers! mad.gif