• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROLE CALL for Adams' collectors....

110 posts in this topic

These tend to be tough; Early Adams Tomahawks,DC Superspec 5, a few Challengers, some early horror, Batman 222,238 and a few Detectives around 400 and a few others I can't think of right now

Would Green Lantern 76 rank right up there? confused.gif

These tend to be tough; Early Adams Tomahawks,DC Superspec 5, a few Challengers, some early horror, Batman 222,238 and a few Detectives around 400 and a few others I can't think of right now
DC 100 Page Super Spectacular 5? The love issue? tongue.gif Surely, you must mean #6! confused.gif

Who on the forum considers themselves a Neal Adams collector? Are you looking for all of his work, or just the some of the titles he contributed to? Covers and interiors or just covers?

Will the real Neal Adams' collectors please stand up?!

I am a serious Adams collector, but only for the good stuff. I believe I have every mainstream comic that Neal did more than 1 page of interior art in, and I'm working on the magazines now (just got a Dracula Annual #1). I don't buy high grade copies, and I usually don't buy books for the cover only - gotta have Neal pencils inside. And yes, I do own Skateman #1. 27_laughing.gif

I've always been a big Neal Adams fan. I bought nearly all his stuff when it came out: Marvel, DC, National Lampoon, whatever. I even bought titles I didn't normally collect just for his covers or interior art: Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Tomahawk, 893blahblah.gif Eventually I broke down and bought some original Batman art. Don't ask what it is because I haven't looked at it in 20+ years but it's some Brave & Bold team-up. cloud9.gif

Roll call?

HERE!

Don't know about the hardest-in-grade or the rarest, but my top 10 (factoring in cover, interiors and historical importance) would be, in order...

1. GL/GA 76

2. Detective 400

3. Batman 244

4. Batman 251

5. Detective 395

6. Strange Adventures 207

7. Batman 232

8. GL/GA 85

9. GL/GA 86

10. Superman vs. Ali