• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shock Suspenstories #1 (Can Pressing Help?)

10 posts in this topic

eBay book... It looked like a 4.5-5.0 to me as is. But can this spine roll be pressed out? Matt's helped me remove some dings, but I don't know what pressing can do about the roll.

SH3.jpg

SH2.jpg

SH7.jpg

SH6.jpg

Thanks as always!

Mio

eBay book... It looked like a 4.5-5.0 to me as is. But can this spine roll be pressed out? Matt's helped me remove some dings, but I don't know what pressing can do about the roll.

SH3.jpg

SH2.jpg

SH7.jpg

SH6.jpg

Thanks as always!

Mio

I dont know how much of a roll can be taken out by pressing. What do they charge to press a book anyway?

DRX

I think pressing would definitely remove the curling to the spine, but any colour breaking creases would remain. It would definitely improve the look of the book, but it would be worth checking with Matt if it's worth it if you're thinking of selling the book on for profit (thumbs u

I'm hoping that this book can be made a fine with pressing. It has nice PQ and I would only need #4 to complete my run of Shock (in 6.0 or better). Then it's a matter of upgrading over time.

I know the pics are small... but anyone think this was a good buy at $140 shipped?

I'm hoping that this book can be made a fine with pressing. It has nice PQ and I would only need #4 to complete my run of Shock (in 6.0 or better). Then it's a matter of upgrading over time.

I know the pics are small... but anyone think this was a good buy at $140 shipped?

It looks like a very nice speciman...and worth it! :headbang:

I had this book sent directly to Matt... I guess in a week or two I'll see the prognosis. Thanks for the opinions. I'll post it for a grade when it arrives.

The pressing prognosis is in - likely 6.5 with a shot at 7.0 if pressed. I guess there are deals on eBay still... finally a good experience after a rough run of bum merchants.