• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This weeks 'old comic found in loft by non collector' auction

22 posts in this topic

I don't understand how people could bid on this when clearly there is something wrong. Just looking back at the seller's last two auctions from the feedback

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270346989935

"EMAIL ME FOR ANY MORE PICS

HAPPY BIDDING"

That is the first clue and the second is why is this a private auction when the others were not?

ive emailied him to ask if this is the same copy he bought two weeks ago.

if it looks too good to be true then it probably is!

I was going to email him for a pic since he had a camera less than a month ago. I looked at the other feedback as a buyer and for someone that does not know anything about comics why did they just purchase two?

He has added the reprint pic but still doesnt make it clear that he is selling the reprint. he says he found it in an old box of comics in his new house. yet he bought the reprint from ebay two weeks ago.

this is what gives ebay a bad name - that sellers can get bids up to £51 and more due to misrepresentation.

I wonder when he's going to sell the ASM#129 Milestone reprint he also bought recently lol

On 09-Mar-09 at 15:59:55 GMT, seller added the following information:

Just to clearify these are stock photos from the internet

On 10-Mar-09 at 20:47:37 GMT, seller added the following information:

after so many questions i have cheaked and the book is the same as the second picture shown cheers

He's clearified and cheaked, so there's nothing to worry about (thumbs u

I contacted the seller:

Hi,

That's actually my old house you just moved into. I've been meaning to come collect that box of comics, thanks for reminding me! I trust my Action #1 and Tec #27 are still in there too.

I contacted the seller:

Hi,

That's actually my old house you just moved into. I've been meaning to come collect that box of comics, thanks for reminding me! I trust my Action #1 and Tec #27 are still in there too.

lol(worship) Nice!

He has added the reprint pic but still doesnt make it clear that he is selling the reprint. he says he found it in an old box of comics in his new house. yet he bought the reprint from ebay two weeks ago.

this is what gives ebay a bad name - that sellers can get bids up to £51 and more due to misrepresentation.

Misrepresentation? What about sheer laziness and/or stupidity? At what point do we hold ourselves (the buyers) accountable?