• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: What's your favorite color?

93 posts in this topic

For those of you who believe it is not, why do you think it is not? My hunch: some people don't WANT to consider it restoration because it can improve your book but NOT be detected by CGC.

:shy:

Because

Another excellent answer! (thumbs u

(worship)

For those of you who believe it is not, why do you think it is not? My hunch: some people don't WANT to consider it restoration because it can improve your book but NOT be detected by CGC.

:shy:

Because

Another excellent answer! (thumbs u

I don't mind it when someone leads the dance (shrug)

Your hunch would be correct, but it isn't the only reason. I believe that it isn't restoration as nothing is added or taken away during the process. I know people will disagree with that statement and that's okay.

I think because the comic is still 100% authentic - no added color, glue, pieces, etc. It's the one thing you can do to improve your comic without adding artificial materials. I see the other side too. If someone buys an unrestored 9.4, they want a comic that has been preserved in 9.4 condition since it was published. Not one that was a lower grade previously.

I agree. Great post.

Can we just give this guy a strike instead of waiting for 3 or 4 people who contribute something worthwhile to the boards to get them for getting into it over this?

Not cool. That's all I'll say. If I understood you correctly. (shrug)

If in 2 years of reading pressing threads, you haven't been able to gauge the feelings of almost every person on this board, then one more thread isn't going to clue you in. This is a mess-starting thread and you darn well knew it before you posted it. And every last one of these threads ends with strikes/suspensions for otherwise well-behaved board members. So I'm offering a viable alternative. If you're old enough in board age to know better, you get the strike. Start attacking the problem at the distribution level instead of just the (comic) DEALERS. Yeah, I can be heated and still make a funny. Go me.

-Rob-

Maybe I want to have a discussion about it. Guess it's not possible. My bad. CLOSED THREAD

Can we just give this guy a strike instead of waiting for 3 or 4 people who contribute something worthwhile to the boards to get them for getting into it over this?

Not cool. That's all I'll say. If I understood you correctly. (shrug)

If in 2 years of reading pressing threads, you haven't been able to gauge the feelings of almost every person on this board, then one more thread isn't going to clue you in. This is a mess-starting thread and you darn well knew it before you posted it. And every last one of these threads ends with strikes/suspensions for otherwise well-behaved board members. So I'm offering a viable alternative. If you're old enough in board age to know better, you get the strike. Start attacking the problem at the distribution level instead of just the (comic) DEALERS. Yeah, I can be heated and still make a funny. Go me.

-Rob-

^^

Could you please just shut up...

Dude, again not cool

this coming from a guy who is starting another pressing thread.....are you the pot or the kettle?

What other pressing thread?? Think you got your wires crossed there Dale

Dude, again not cool

this coming from a guy who is starting another pressing thread.....are you the pot or the kettle?

:jokealert:, get your panties out of a bunch

Dude, again not cool

Try the search function

^^