• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is comic grading subjective?

136 posts in this topic

Is grading subjective or is it really the experience level of the individual grading.

Ive had a book which I deemed a 9.0 and was graded by two others as a 8.5 come back a 9.2. In the end I think it had to do with the interior and how crisp it was. It was defently an unread book due to the fact the little holes or whatever they are where still sticking together.

This brings up a thought though that CGC would have to ruin this crispyness to count and look at every page for defects.

Pretty well everyone who's posted in this thread sucks at grading.

Why don't you gather your flock of sheep people that are expert graders and enlighten us that are trying to learn!!!!

My favorite grading is the old "Would be NM if it weren't for the sub-crease down the middle of the book" or "Would be NM except has a inch piece missing from back"

It's like selling used car: In amazing condition, needs engine.

My favorite grading is the old "Would be NM if it weren't for the sub-crease down the middle of the book" or "Would be NM except has a inch piece missing from back"

It's like selling used car: In amazing condition, needs engine.

For sale.

AF 15 complete! *except the staple cover and centerfold are missing.

Otherwise complete and very collectible!!