• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is comic grading subjective?

136 posts in this topic

I guess I need to get out my old "eBay NM" pic again - this will be it's third showing in less than 3 weeks (as that's how long I've been here)

nm02av8.jpg

-slym

(shrug)

Looks NM to me.

I guess I need to get out my old "eBay NM" pic again - this will be it's third showing in less than 3 weeks (as that's how long I've been here)

nm02av8.jpg

-slym

See, what the problem is with that book is that it's not Near Mint.

It's Near MintS.

Totally different thing.

Let's continue to hammer this joke into the ground for 50 more pages.

Let's continue to hammer this joke into the ground for 50 more pages.

Ok. So this one day, I was talking to this guy about some comics I bought on eBay, and I said "yeah, that seller totally said they were NM, but then I said no way, those books have been ridden hard and put away wet, and he said no, they're in perfect condition, NEAR MINT! and I said yeah, if there was a box of Altoids next to the books when you took the picture, and he said......

When you abbreviate it, no one knows if NM means Near Mint or near mints.....

:P

-slym

Well, then, you should have asked what "NM" meant, shouldn't you....?

;)

But the term "near" is too subjective. There's a store "near" my place that sells mints; several actually. So I'm "near" lots of mints, and so is any book that I own. So I can take a pic of a beat up Spidey that I own and still claim that it's NM, even if those mints aren't visible in the pic.

When you abbreviate it, no one knows if NM means Near Mint or near mints.....

:P

-slym

Well, then, you should have asked what "NM" meant, shouldn't you....?

;)

But the term "near" is too subjective. There's a store "near" my place that sells mints; several actually. So I'm "near" lots of mints, and so is any book that I own. So I can take a pic of a beat up Spidey that I own and still claim that it's NM, even if those mints aren't visible in the pic.

See? Hammering a joke to death is FUN!