• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

What's the difference between the CALIBER & TUNDRA series? They both tell the same story, right?

The Tundra was a reprint of the original material.

Only Tundra issue #3 has new material, which was the unprinted The Crow 5.

I was not aware of this hm

If you ever get the chance to read Caliber Presents 15, that was the preview material for The Crow #5, but then Caliber went bust. So that material didn't show up for a few years, and was included in the Tundra #3 issue.

Maybe if you stayed on the forums a little bit more you'd learn more about this fascinating hobby ''Top''. ;)

Or he could just keep busting his azz at fifteen shows a year and putting out some of the nicest CGC books on the Interwebs. I'd prefer the latter, but either way . . .

Or he could just keep busting his azz at fifteen shows a year and putting out some of the nicest CGC books on the Interwebs. I'd prefer the latter, but either way . . .

lol Good point!

What's the difference between the CALIBER & TUNDRA series? They both tell the same story, right?

If you ever get the chance to read Caliber Presents 15, that was the preview material for The Crow #5, but then Caliber went bust. So that material didn't show up for a few years, and was included in the Tundra #3 issue.

Maybe if you stayed on the forums a little bit more you'd learn more about this fascinating hobby ''Top''. ;)

Yes, because nothing says "I'm a fountain of knowledge" than starting new threads on a daily basis with questions that can be easily answered through a google or forum search :cool:

That is correct. The #1 is only a reprint. My cat's kitty cabana's roof just caved in, so she is using the Tundra #1 and #2 now. That's pretty expensive roofing, IMHO.

DSC006681.jpg

Oh no!

:o

Salem - I need that number 2 so I have all three. No kitty - nooooooo!

lol

Cats deserve to be treated like gods lol:insane:

Tell me about it. Our Ebuzz lived for 18 years ruling the house, and she'd gladly attack you to ensure it was clear who the boss was.

98526.jpg.2b237540ebfd7e51af2346a0cfe24504.jpg

Tell me about it. Our Ebuzz lived for 18 years ruling the house, and she'd gladly attack you to ensure it was clear who the boss was.

Looks a lot like my cat Jade* :grin:

*Who I treat her like a god b/c I love cats :insane: <3

In the Midwest, those were scoffed at and considered uncollectible at they time they were released. Methnks I may have to track some down.

Because #1 was reprinted material?

Yeah, exactly. It's funny to think now. But the word "reprint" or "reprinted" was the absolute pinnacle of badness in the 80's- early 90's. It literally was like a scarlet letter of badness. A book written by Idi Amin, edited by Hitler, and published by Satan would be better received than a reprint, in the 80's.

It's true.

That's why, when the "reprint" designation by OPG got slapped on the diamond covers for Marvels 1977-1979, people for years and years wouldn't even handle them...they may as well have been radioactive.

Reprint, second print, third print...it was the kiss of death as far as collectability was concerned, and that really didn't change until Batman #612 came along in 2003.

Then, everyone discovered that later printings were "rare", "scarce", and "worth $$$!!"

The rest is history.

Don't encourage him.

He means RMA...don't encourage RMA. (thumbs u

Me, I can use all the encouragement I can get. :wishluck:

Feel free to encourage me.

I love encouragement.

Encouragement is the bread of my soul.

:luhv:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: comic-sutra

Subject: bcruze22 has sent a question about item #200473402782, ending on Jun-15-10 22:00:12 PDT - * Evil ERNIE #2, 1st Lady Death Cover! CGC 9.8 White *

Sent Date: May-17-10 11:39:36 PDT

Dear comic-sutra,

would you be willing to shop around on my items and make a trade for the 9.8 lady death? let me know

734 *** ****

bobby

- bcruze22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: bcruze22

Subject: Re: bcruze22 has sent a question about item #200473402782, ending on Jun-15-10 22:00:12 PDT - * Evil ERNIE #2, 1st Lady Death Cover! CGC 9.8 White *

Sent Date: May-17-10 16:33:38 PDT

Dear bcruze22,

No thanks.

- comic-sutra

Dear comic-sutra,

not even if I offered the 1934 white pages cgc 9.0 mickey? wow thats insane...

- bcruze22

(that Mickey Mouse sold for $311 in November in this grade. Ol' Bobby's got it priced at $1199. This, by the way, was entirely unsolicited. I especially like the part where my response is called "insane" simply because I said "no thanks.")

;)

Dealin's just another word for

Nothin' left to lose

Comics, don't mean nothing

Boy, but they ain't free

Oh feeling good was easy, lord

When Bobby sang the blues

And feelin' good

was good enough for youse,

Good enough for you and

your Bobby Cruze

More replies...(these are completely unedited. The originals weren't "spooned", obviously. If anyone doesn't realize what a psychopath this guy is, what more do you need...? All because I said "no thanks" to his offer.)

:screwy:

Subject: Re: bcruze22 has sent a question about item #200473402782, ending on Jun-15-10 22:00:12 PDT - * Evil ERNIE #2, 1st Lady Death Cover! CGC 9.8 White *

Sent Date: May-17-10 17:09:20 PDT

Dear bcruze22,

Why would I want a $300 book that is priced at 4 times what it sold for 6 months ago...?

- comic-sutra

Dear comic-sutra,

your full of mess I have had this book for several months! you may have had the other 9.0 but not white pages and thats your loss for selling it for 311.00 I seen that on gpa.. the book guides at 700.00 in overstreet.. so you can lick me running when you say priced 4xs to high... its 76 yrs old and has white pages.. i think its resonably priced... Its cool you dont want to trade I have thousands of books you could of said what your looking for or something instead you were an !

best of luck in your sale.. I was going top hit the buy in now button but no way will I do business w/ a bite such as yourself...

- bcruze22

Dealin's just another word for

Nothin' left to lose

Comics, don't mean nothing

Boy, but they ain't free

Oh feeling good was easy, lord

When Bobby sang the blues

And feelin' good

was good enough for youse,

Good enough for you and

your Bobby Cruze

Sing it, Janis...

One book in your sig line I hand picked in the NY area, the other I hand picked in the state of Washington. They don't grow on tree's in my area :blahblah:

One book in your sig line I hand picked in the NY area, the other I hand picked in the state of Washington. They don't grow on tree's in my area :blahblah:

I don't doubt it you are a real :busy: bee. lol Keep up the good work.

More replies...(these are completely unedited. The originals weren't "spooned", obviously. If anyone doesn't realize what a psychopath this guy is, what more do you need...? All because I said "no thanks" to his offer.)

(toolshed comments redacted for brevity)

- bcruze22

Ah, the old "I was gonna, but now I'm not gonna" negotiating tactic.

Who the hell does this work on? Like you would immediately respond with "OH MY GOD NO WAY DUDE I DID NOT KNOW THAT WELL PLEASE ACCEPT MY HUMBLEST MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES KIND SAHIB I AM NOT WORTHY TO DRINK THE SWEAT OF YOUR LOINS OH GREAT ONE"

More tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY ...

Sent Date: May-17-10 18:03:13 PDT

Dear bcruze22,

I didn't say YOUR copy sold for $300...I said A copy sold for $300. *I* didn't sell it for $300, either. Someone else did. And that other book did, in fact, have white pages.

You've been blocked from bidding. Your foul mouth and ill manners betray you, Bobby Cruze. I'd reconsider how I interact with people if I were you. You really need to reconsider who you are and what you do before it's too late.

- comic-sutra

Dear comic-sutra,

dont tell me to watch it bud... Id gladly spend a night in jail to have 2 mins w/ you....

- bcruze22

(ok, granted, I got a little melodramatic with the "before it's too late".. ;) )

But man, from 0 to tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY in 5.4 seconds...

Dear bcruze22,

You really need help. Please, get it.

- comic-sutra

Dear comic-sutra,

I need help? thats why you feel the need to keep emailing me, to humor yourself and post the emails on the boards? Come on man.. Stop emailing me cause I wont reply after this.. I have had 4 board members email me say'n stay away from you cause your a trouble maker.. We'll I am a bigger trouble maker so I could care less.. If this is what you need to do to feel like a big guy go ahead...

no need to respond here... whats done is done... I am sure if you were a decent guy you would have at least took the time to see what more I to offer. I always look at all offers from potential buyers..

- bcruze22

Alright, who's the wiseguys badmouthing me..?

lol

Need I really point out that good ol' Bobby went tothemarketdownthestreetforsomeCRAZY for quite literally zero reason at all...? And do I really need to point out that we're BOTH messaging EACH OTHER..?

Logic ~ confounding the simple since 486 BC

Man, too funny. I notice ol' Bobby's cleaned up the threats and the language, now that he knows it's being made public.

(thumbs u