• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

:eek: So... Does anyone know or have a guess what the print run of Caliber Presents #1 is?

My guess is about 3,000-5,000 copies.

It was their first book.

I just emailed Gary Reed and asked him. If anyone would know it's him.

:eek: So... Does anyone know or have a guess what the print run of Caliber Presents #1 is?

It was their first book.

:applause:

:applause::applause:

It was their first book.

Sweet.

Hey everyone! Love to see some new Crow chatter!

I actually had an old letter from Gary Reed that had the print runs of CP1 and the Crow issues, but I lost it years ago. If I remember correctly, which I probably don't :insane: , CP1 was in the 5000-8000 range. It was the second Caliber comic (after Deadworld 10), but first new series. I honestly could be way off... It's been so long. I know it wasn't a huge print run and it was smaller then Crow #1 and it's multiple printings. I'll be interested in what Chris finds out! :popcorn:

And just to clear up something on Gary's behalf, Caliber didn't go bust forcing The Crow to Tundra. Caliber continued to publish all the way through the 90's and had many successful titles. As far as I know, James O'barr and Gary had a falling out. Jim said The Crow wasn't being promoted as much as Gary had stated it would be, and Gary disagreed. I don't know who is right, but Jim decided to move on.

:hi: William!

Hey Bud! How's the haunted/ghost seeking adventures going?

Pretty good, Same :censored:, different day.

DSC005301.jpg

Found a tree that moans and screams at a cemetery's gates when the wind passes through it's trunk.

DSC005351.jpg

Pretty amazing piece of nature.

DSC005331.jpg

I picked up an awesome book called The Eye of Danvers: A History of Danvers State Hospital by Michael Ramseur. Highly recommended!

You know I have done some ghost hunting before.Have you ever heard of the Amargosa Hotel in Death Valley? We had a group of 8 people go and had the run of the hotel,we were the only ones there.Man did we have some crazy stuff happen that night,even photographed an apparition.If you ever get out to the west coast,you've gotta go to this place,just crazy. :eek:

My wife and I stayed at the Stanley Hotel three years ago, which is where Stephen King came up with the concept of "The Shining."

It's also the place where the Landed on the Moon scene took place for "Dumb and Dumber." lol

The place definitely has an atmosphere about it.

My wife and I stayed at the Stanley Hotel three years ago, which is where Stephen King came up with the concept of "The Shining."

It's also the place where the Landed on the Moon scene took place for "Dumb and Dumber." lol

I've always wanted to go there,it's supposed to be crazy haunted. WOW nice! :applause:

I've always wanted to go there,it's supposed to be crazy haunted. WOW nice! :applause:

Let me get on the desktop and I'll post some pictures of what we ran across. It was pretty nutty.

5.jpg:fear:

That's the room they had us booked in (401) where the brother-sister died from a fever. We were watching Ghost Hunters the week before going, and found out 401 was one of the "hot spots." Let's just say I had the room changed.

lol

That's the room they had us booked in (401) where the brother-sister died from a fever. We were watching Ghost Hunters the week before going, and found out 401 was one of the "hot spots." Let's just say I had the room changed.

lol

I wouldn't let no ''ghosts'' scare me out of my room. :sumo: