• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Anyone on here win that ebay Crow set tonight? It looked decent. 1, 3, & 4 looked like they could be in the 9.0 to 9.4 range. Some slightly rounded corners but nice nonetheless.

Jim/luke_19-10 was a serious overgrader in the past, and would fail to tell bidders about creased back covers - heck, he wouldn't even take the book out of the bag to check.

I hope he has changed his ways. But I would never buy books from him again.

lol

That's why I didn't bid. I wasn't familiar with him but when he sent me pics I could see his CP 1 had multiple color breaking spine creases and he had that graded at NM+.

I hope so. I like the original series a little.

:insane:

(worship)

Nick that's a beautiful set of books,for sure (worship)

Thanks folks.

It was definitely a labor of love tracking all those books down, with two years of searching.

And trust me, there were more false starts with misgraded book sales than I care to count. But it was well worth it in the end.

:cloud9:

(worship)

Thanks folks.

It was definitely a labor of love tracking all those books down, with two years of searching.

And trust me, there were more false starts with misgraded book sales than I care to count. But it was well worth it in the end.

2 years? How do you do it Nick? You are so much more efficient then me it's embarrassing. lol I've been searching for over 18 years! :insane: The pathetic thing is that there are no other titles that I've actively searched for in high grade. Not one. The Crow is it. I've done the "crow -fox" search on ebay at least twice a day for years...

But you give me hope! (worship)

2 years? How do you do it Nick? You are so much more efficient then me it's embarrassing. lol I've been searching for over 18 years! :insane: The pathetic thing is that there are no other titles that I've actively searched for in high grade. Not one. The Crow is it. I've done the "crow -fox" search on ebay at least twice a day for years...

Engaging with many, many, many, many sellers and constantly reminding them how much I was interested in Crow books, and to let me know if they found anything at all.

The only book that has escaped me is a second Caliber Presents 15, but it is more due to hoarders ( :baiting: ) than it is scarcity.

(worship)

Thanks folks.

WOW! 18 years? Man I feel almost bad ;) I asked Nick to sell me a complete set one day,half jokingly because I knew they are kind of hard to come by.Nick was the greatest and sold me a complete Caliber#1,Crow #1-4 and Caliber Christmas#1 and I think we hashed out the sale in 5 minutes,I could'nt believe my luck.No years of searching for me...................Sometimes I guess you do have to be in the right place at the right time. :acclaim:

WOW! 18 years? Man I feel almost bad ;) I asked Nick to sell me a complete set one day,half jokingly because I knew they are kind of hard to come by.Nick was the greatest and sold me a complete Caliber#1,Crow #1-4 and Caliber Christmas#1 and I think we hashed out the sale in 5 minutes,I could'nt believe my luck.No years of searching for me...................Sometimes I guess you do have to be in the right place at the right time. :acclaim:

Just glad I could help, Dave.

(worship)

Thanks folks.

Oh don't get me wrong, I've had close to 30 sets come and go through my collection. Probably 50+ copies of #1 1st prints. I LOVE the hunt so don't feel almost bad! lol When I say searching for 18 years I'm talking about trying to find NM/M quality.

Since the series first started being rereleased by Tundra I have searched for near perfect copies of the Caliber series at shops and conventions. Even during a 6 year hiatus I took off from comics, I would still go into comic shops across the US (I used to tour with my brother's band) and look for high grade copies of The Crow. I've emailed probably 80% of the couple 100 stores/dealers listed on cgc's website (the other 20% I either couldn't find contact info or my email got returned to me since their address was no longer active). Nothing. But I think you are right, sometimes it's all about the right place at the right time. Sometimes you get lucky and other times when you are 13 years old you trade a NM- '86 Fleer Jordan Rookie card for a F/VF set of The Crow. :eek:

I haven't been in the right place thus far when it comes to NM/M #'s 1, 3, and CP 15, but I will be.