• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I think she said her favorite graded Crow book is the one Michael sold her(Caliber Christmas SS in red). I wanted that book when it came in too.

Mike did a super job having that signed in red ink. With the white cover, it really stands out well.

:applause:

I think she said her favorite graded Crow book is the one Michael sold her(Caliber Christmas SS in red). I wanted that book when it came in too.

Mike did a super job having that signed in red ink. With the white cover, it really stands out well.

:applause:

caliberchristmassaturday.jpg

:luhv:

It had me wanting to collect The Crow series.

Wonderful, fabulous book, Jerel!

:gossip: And it's nice Jen lets you serve as the registry administrator for her set. What's the hourly rate?

:baiting:

:foryou:

Oh boy, she gonna read that, lol .

Actually, I was chatting with her about updating her set(taking out the movie quotes and working out a better intro). It really is too bad we can have at least one picture for the intro. It would really set a better collector's tone for the intro. She has this Crow shrine of misc. nicknacks she could pose in front of or something. It's amazing. I'm gonna request that this morning, getting an intro picture. Something at least 750kb.

Anybody think this is a good idea? (shrug)

Anybody think this is a good idea? (shrug)

What a fabulous idea!

(worship)

I really like that. Even if it was a display of the entire set, or in the case of The Crow a shot of Brandon Lee in his most famous role.

Or, a favorite painting. This one is striking.

the_crow.jpg

Yeah, I hope whoever wins it makes out ok. I am definitely passing. I asked the seller for more pics and if there were any minor flaws at all. He didn't answer my question about any flaws and told me that he wouldn't send me any more pics because he had problems with someone taking the pics of his "pgx 9.6" Crow #1 and trying to use them. I told him I understand the concern but that he shouldn't let one person limit all of his future listings for the rest of his life. I told him that I was a serious buyer and I asked him to check my feedback/put his name on the pics/use a watermark, etc... No reply. As much as I'm always on the lookout for a Crow #1 in 9.8, it's not worth the chance to me.

Oh, and that top right corner looks soft.

It's no big deal. He also said something about "it's professional graded at 9.8" which he probably didn't realize actually worried me more lol then he said "pgx and cgc are about the same. Sometimes pgx is stricter, sometimes they aren't as strict." Well I understand that they could be more or less strict, that's why I wanted some more pics to decide for myself. I also understand that the book could be full of black marker color touch, but that is another discussion altogether.

Now I get it more than ever when someone says, "Buy the book - not the label."

Although I have to say for $303, this book still looked nice and has a strong chance of a CGC 9.6.

Just received the results on my undercopies from CGC.

003 The Crow 1, 2nd Printing, 9.6 WHITE, the only graded copy :banana:

004 The Crow 1, 9.2 WHITE, "J O'Barr '91" and "we saw ourselves now as we never have seen" written on interior cover in marker :o:banana:

005 The Crow 2, 9.8 WHITE, and now my second 9.8 set is complete :banana:

006 The Crow 2, 9.6 WHITE :banana:

007 The Crow 3, 9.6 WHITE :banana::news:SOLD

008 The Crow 3, Second Printing, 9.4 WHITE, the highest graded copy :banana:

009 The Crow 4, 9.6 WHITE :banana::news:SOLD

010 The Crow 4, 9.2 WHITE