• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

This thread deserves a revival after those nice pieces just sold on Clink....

This thread deserves a revival after those nice pieces just sold on Clink....

Crow #4, page 17.

RADAD1FD2013321_13513.jpg

Nice!

:applause:

Did you pick up that one?

I got a different piece myself. :shy:

Oh my God!

Did you land this?

RAD15B842013321_1403.jpg

1st image of The Crow that predates Caliber Presents #1.

The offered painting was used as the 1993 Graphic Novel's back cover and features an excellent full figure image of the Crow. O'Barr paintings are certainly among his best work and this gorgeous piece of Crow history is not only historically significant to the graphic novel, but visually appealing and the perfect frame and display piece for the true fan. With a new Crow feature film in development talks and the newly released “master edition” of the original, the visibility of the original story and interest in the closely held original art should continue to increase. This full bleed art is executed in Watercolor and Mixed Media on paper and has an image area of approximately 9" x 15". It is signed by the creator/artist at the lower left.

Is this the original back cover of Deadworld #10, or a reproduction? Deadworld #10 came out in 1989.

Is that listing right?

I'm asking because I thought there was a different image used on the back of the 1993 graphic novel.

VvGVgbi.jpg

I'm thinking that is the Deadworld #10 back cover, unless O'Barr reproduced it for another book.

hm

I am uninitiated when it comes to the crow but I have to give it a try sometime. What did the various oa go for?

Over $4,000 for that piece. And well worth it if it is that cover.

I just felt like jumping in and saying :hi: guys! The Crow is easily one of my favorite books of All-Time!!! (thumbs u

Someday, I will own a Caliber Presents and a Crow #1 - 4 in high grade!

Oh my God!

Did you land this?

RAD15B842013321_1403.jpg

1st image of The Crow that predates Caliber Presents #1.

The offered painting was used as the 1993 Graphic Novel's back cover and features an excellent full figure image of the Crow. O'Barr paintings are certainly among his best work and this gorgeous piece of Crow history is not only historically significant to the graphic novel, but visually appealing and the perfect frame and display piece for the true fan. With a new Crow feature film in development talks and the newly released “master edition” of the original, the visibility of the original story and interest in the closely held original art should continue to increase. This full bleed art is executed in Watercolor and Mixed Media on paper and has an image area of approximately 9" x 15". It is signed by the creator/artist at the lower left.

Is this the original back cover of Deadworld #10, or a reproduction? Deadworld #10 came out in 1989.

It's the real thing. I matched the scans line for line.

Lay one scan over the other and they are identical.

Deadworld #10 was also the first book published by Caliber Comics. November 1988 with a January 1989 cover date. It's a little slice of history.

Deadworld #10 was also the first book published by Caliber Comics. November 1988 with a January 1989 cover date. It's a little slice of history.

Wow! So the seller didn't even know what they had? The listing talks about a 1993 graphic novel, and doesn't even mention this was the back cover of Deadworld 10 and the 1st Caliber Comics publication.

You are not kidding about Copper Age (and comic) history. This is as close as I will get to that artwork, and I am okay with that. Thanks to Brad, this book was handled with the greatest of care.

:cloud9:

UPK0Ypdl.jpgfhKviAel.jpg

Shame The CGC doesn't note this is the 1st Caliber comic published. Also a shame the census on this book is confusing, as the TAME and NOT FOR WUSSIES versions are blended together.

and thanks to you for letting me get such a wonderfully conditioned 'Tame' copy. :foryou:

:baiting:

That was a sweet looking book, wasn't it? Shame it went to someone else, and not in your fantastic collection, Jerel.

:foryou:

Wow! So the seller didn't even know what they had? The listing talks about a 1993 graphic novel, and doesn't even mention this was the back cover of Deadworld 10 and the 1st Caliber Comics publication.

You are not kidding about Copper Age (and comic) history. This is as close as I will get to that artwork, and I am okay with that. Thanks to Brad, this book was handled with the greatest of care.

UPK0Ypdl.jpgfhKviAel.jpg

Shame The CGC doesn't note this is the 1st Caliber comic published. Also a shame the census on this book is confusing, as the TAME and NOT FOR WUSSIES versions are blended together.

Sweet!!

I own the 1 9.8 blue of that book.

And yes, they should note that this is the first Caliber Comics book.

Maybe it's that Deadworld was an Aircel book before they went under that confuses things.

Gary Reed's given a bunch of interviews where to discusses the origins of Caliber. It's all pretty interesting.

UPK0Ypdl.jpgfhKviAel.jpg

Sweet!!

I own the 1 9.8 blue of that book.

And yes, they should note that this is the first Caliber Comics book.

Maybe it's that Deadworld was an Aircel book before they went under that confuses things.

Gary Reed's given a bunch of interviews where to discusses the origins of Caliber. It's all pretty interesting.

CGC has the two 9.8s listed as different covers, and then mixed up the 9.4 and 9.6s. So it is very confusing which one you are looking at.

I assume this one is the "Variant"...my slab identifies it as such. Yours doesn't have that "variant" notation. Weird.