• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comicon

57 posts in this topic

How are the dealers at this show? Is there a good selection? How many dealers are there usually? I'm thinking of getting out there for the show if it is worth the flight from Orlando and hotel.

I spoke with Chris Jackson who promotes the show and this is the largest dealers room ever for Planet Con. He had to add and additional island to accommodate the dealers wanting booths.

I have no ideal of the selection at the show but I'm sure you'll see a lot of dealers you've never seen before.

Look me up if you come up. I'm at location A-5.

I booked the Doubletree about 4 miles away for $50/night on priceline.

Leroy

Thanks for the info guys! I hope both of you have a good show.

I wanted to get there, but the only thing that is keeping me are flight restrictions. I wanted to fly in early in the morning and fly out the same night. I can't find any flights that will do it for me. I'm finding flights for the Boston show, so I might hold off for that.

Also the convention center is 30+ miles from the airport. That's an expensive taxi.

So have any concrete plans been made about an after-show get-togethers?

So have any concrete plans been made about an after-show get-togethers?

This is my first time attending the show and I've never been to the area so someone is going to have to step up and coordinate a meeting/dinner/drinks or something. I am leaving Saturday night so I could only attend one on Friday night before the show.

All right, since no one else is stepping up, I'm on it! lol

FRIDAY night it is!

Cinzettt's was mentioned, I've got no problem with that, Italian is always good for me! It's less than four miles away according to =Overland+Park&2s=KS&2a=7201+W+91st+St&2z=66212-2069&2y=US&2l=38.963989&2g=-94.669174&2v=ADDRESS'>mapquest.

If you have issues with Italian or prefer some other options, =Overland+Park&2s=KS&2a=7201+W+91st+St&2z=66212-2069&2pn=restaurants&2y=US&2l=38.963989&2g=-94.669174&2v=ADDRESS#a/search/l::7201+W+91st+St:Overland+Park:KS:66212-2069:US:38.963989:-94.669174:address::1/m::9:38.967802:-94.676498:0:::::/so:Restaurants:::D::25::581208::1:/e'>mapquest has a few other places that are close. Hopefully, no one has their heart set on Subway.

lol

I didn't hear anyone over the crickets.......

Maybe I can help generate some interest.......

I can't make the dinner but if someone will stop by my booth on Friday during setup I will give $10 for each fourm member attending the dinner. This is a max of $100 so the 1st ten to sign-up on the boards gets a drink and appetizer on me. :banana:

I just need 1 fourm member to PM me and I will give the money to 1 person attending.

Just stop by my booth A-5 on Saturday and let me know how things went.

Have Fun....Leroy

All right, since no one else is stepping up, I'm on it! lol

FRIDAY night it is!

Cinzettt's was mentioned, I've got no problem with that, Italian is always good for me! It's less than four miles away according to =Overland+Park&2s=KS&2a=7201+W+91st+St&2z=66212-2069&2y=US&2l=38.963989&2g=-94.669174&2v=ADDRESS'>mapquest.

If you have issues with Italian or prefer some other options, =Overland+Park&2s=KS&2a=7201+W+91st+St&2z=66212-2069&2pn=restaurants&2y=US&2l=38.963989&2g=-94.669174&2v=ADDRESS#a/search/l::7201+W+91st+St:Overland+Park:KS:66212-2069:US:38.963989:-94.669174:address::1/m::9:38.967802:-94.676498:0:::::/so:Restaurants:::D::25::581208::1:/e'>mapquest has a few other places that are close. Hopefully, no one has their heart set on Subway.

lol

Count me in. Let's get the list going.

I'll be checking on this. So I know, what are the hours for setup on Friday?

I'll still be driving by then. Coming up from Fort Worth, TX.

Did anyone set a time for dinner?

-Adam

Setup starts around 1pm and ends around 8pm. I plan on setting up at 2 and will probably leave around 6-7.

Leroy, about a 50/50 chance I'll be over on Saturday with a couple of StL folks. You still have the same crummy stuff as always? :baiting:

I can't make it Friday night... My beloved alma mater is playing in the Sweet 16! I've got to watch and either have my heart ripped out or die a happy, happy man.

Apparently either outcome is going to be a bit messy.

Setup starts around 1pm and ends around 8pm. I plan on setting up at 2 and will probably leave around 6-7.

Leroy, about a 50/50 chance I'll be over on Saturday with a couple of StL folks. You still have the same crummy stuff as always? :baiting:

Mike, still hauling around the same old krap, but this time I have Troy with me so it will look a lot better with his cool stuff.

Leroy

For anybody who cares, Leroy usually has a great selection of nice Dells from the 50s, especially westerns. Not to mention awesome silver and bronze hero stuff. The boxes are nearly as good as the wall books. Hope to see you on Saturday.

Sally and I should be strolling into town in time to drop off the dog at Petsmart and head over to Cinzetti's. IF anyone does show up, who should I ask the hostess for? I don't know what you guys look like.

But Sally and I will be there, forum dinner or not.

-Adam