• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink results....holy cr@p!

375 posts in this topic

Wow, someone wanted that Supes #63 CGC 9.0 quite badly! Went for over 3x guide.

It's a popular book, and that copy is tied for highest graded.

Compared to other titles in this auction, Supes faired quite well.

based on these auctions, Superman is the new Batman!

and going back to the Heritage 50K Superman's, is anyone else surprised that those guys didnt chase the cool #13 harder? Top census book.

Of course, it could be just 2 collectors who decided to collect all the HG census copies and keep going head to head. (shrug)

No worries, there was nothing on my Schomburg radar that was a "must have" in this auction. I got the books I wanted earlier in the week.

Is that really a Schomburg cover? GCD says it is

Nope. Allan Anderson. Illustration Magazine 18 has a very nice article about him with lots of pictures of his pulp and comic cover work.

Thanks for the info. Will definitely have to check that that out :foryou:

No worries, there was nothing on my Schomburg radar that was a "must have" in this auction. I got the books I wanted earlier in the week.

Nope. Allan Anderson. Illustration Magazine 18 has a very nice article about him with lots of pictures of his pulp and comic cover work.

I knew it! Actually I didn't know who drew it, I just had a feeling it wasn't Schomburg. Adam to the rescue again.

Illustration Magazine is terrific and a number of them focus on artists who also worked in comics.

But the creme of my purchases was to add to my More Fun collection! :applause:

I would rather have HG copies but for these pre-hero issues most of these are the 2nd highest graded behind the Church copies! doh!

They sold for pathetically cheap. :gossip:

RAD0C3E720081218_15859.jpg

RAD4F95C20081219_15133.jpg

RADB1B1920081219_151149.jpg

RAD5329C20081219_151311.jpg

RAD656EC2009113_124635.jpg

Illustration Magazine is terrific and a number of them focus on artists who also worked in comics.

It is always great to learn about yet another talented GGA artist. Illustration Magazine + Adam = New Discovery :headbang:

It is always great to learn about yet another talented GGA artist. Illustration Magazine + Adam = New Discovery :headbang:

Here are a couple sample pages from the Anderson issue. The paper and print quality of the magazine is outstanding, but they could have used some better copies to reproduce from.

Illustration71p72-1.jpg

Illustration11p71-1.jpg

Tim:

What do you think about the Ducks in this auction? Of course, you and others have always said that CLink is not the place for Duck books. I threw in a thrill bid that ended up winning tonight. All the Ducks I saw seemed to end really weak. Even the #9 7.5 went for 15-20% less than GPA from 2007.

My opinion is that Ducks are collapsing. It's not a complete apples to apples comparison because these got sold on Clink, which (again) I will say is not a good place to sell Ducks, but I think even if they sold on Heritage, prices would be below where they were 1-2 years ago.

Perhaps there was also some impact from the fact that well over $100K was spent on WDCSs in the last Heritage auction, but when you factor in the economy, the fact that many of the big buyers in recent years were from Europe, and the now weaker Euro, the fundamentals would seem to support that a correction was due.

Prices were weak in the Heritage Auction compared to the market peak and many of those were highest graded copies. No reason to assume that the ones on clink weren't going to suffer further drops.

As far as I could tell, most of the Duck books went for less than half of what the consignor paid for them. One of the bigger losses was the WDCS 2 8.0. I was the underbidder on this when it sold in 2007 for over 2.5 times what it brought tonight. The combined loss on these books, which all appear to have sold since 2006, has got to be over $50,000.

I only hope that the bubble has not left owners with an inflated view of what their books are worth. It would have been much healthier for the market if the prices had grown steadily. This is a pretty remarkable example of how just one or two new collectors completely can change a small segment of the market when they enter/exit with a big splash.

Wow, someone wanted that Supes #63 CGC 9.0 quite badly! Went for over 3x guide.

It's a popular book, and that copy is tied for highest graded.

Compared to other titles in this auction, Supes faired quite well.

based on these auctions, Superman is the new Batman!

and going back to the Heritage 50K Superman's, is anyone else surprised that those guys didnt chase the cool #13 harder? Top census book.

Of course, it could be just 2 collectors who decided to collect all the HG census copies and keep going head to head. (shrug)

Up until a few years ago 63 was very hard to find in anything above good. It's a neat issue and probably the closest thing to a GGA cover in the run.The restored 15 surprised me....a 3.5 that basically went for full guide. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey Tim & Tb

I got the WDCS 140 golf cover which I was so upset at losing out on the other 9.4 in HA last month but got the Clink one last night and save myself some bucks and this one has White pages too ! :headbang:

and for 2K less than what it sold for in 06 ! :headbang::headbang:

Man, I hope this guy (God Bless his soul) has more Ducks ! :angel:

Nosed out on the WDCS 43 cause CLink's lots are too bunched up for this old man.

Best, - Hank

WDCS_140.jpg