• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R.I.P. DC Comics

39 posts in this topic

I also think wearing a seat belt when in a car by myself should be a choice, choosing my nutritional supplements should be a choice and how cracking out my comics should be my choice but I guess the collective voice is unstoppable, even if they are not right.

Liberty. :cloud9:

It's being taken away, one option at a time.

:cry:

Write a letter to the Queen. :baiting:

^^

I also think wearing a seat belt when in a car by myself should be a choice, choosing my nutritional supplements should be a choice and how cracking out my comics should be my choice but I guess the collective voice is unstoppable, even if they are not right.

Welcome to the old-school nanny state. :tonofbricks:

R.

Anyway, your last paragraph is what democracy is all about. I think you're being a bit too defensive regarding what you perceive to be a "collective voice", btw. I don't think anyone here is claiming that their point of view is the concensus, and if they are, well, whatever.

His last paragraph is what conservatism is all about...there's a difference ;)

Sounds good. Please sign the waiver of all government or public benefits that might be spent on you later after you fly out the front window or wreck your motorcycle without a helmet. And, oh yeah, the public roads are the government's and they get to regulate how you use them, subject to certain limited rights. That's not to mention people who are the actual possession of the US Govt'. I'm looking at you Trooper.

R.

Anyway, your last paragraph is what democracy is all about. I think you're being a bit too defensive regarding what you perceive to be a "collective voice", btw. I don't think anyone here is claiming that their point of view is the concensus, and if they are, well, whatever.

His last paragraph is what conservatism is all about...there's a difference ;)

Sounds good. Please sign the waiver of all government or public benefits that might be spent on you later after you fly out the front window or wreck your motorcycle without a helmet. And, oh yeah, the public roads are the government's and they get to regulate how you use them, subject to certain limited rights. That's not to mention people who are the actual possession of the US Govt'. I'm looking at you Trooper.

No different than keeping a smoker or an alcoholic alive with my money and yours.

Accidents are one thing, stupidty and neglect are different.

Personally I don't want to be a vegetable so just pull the plug. It's better for everybody that way. When it's my time to go I don't want to argue about it.

When it's my time to go I don't want to argue about it.

If I can still argue, I don't want to go. hm

Twas a joke, my furry friend.

Yes, it is. On the flip side, you don't need to accept personal responsibility for your actions anymore. There's always someone who can be blamed....

No different than keeping a smoker or an alcoholic alive with my money and yours.

Personally I don't want to be a vegetable so just pull the plug. It's better for everybody that way. When it's my time to go I don't want to argue about it.

Not that I disagree with a libertarian POV, but governments have always dictated public safety goals. Alcohol and cigarettes are regulated. Think of the label warning as the closest thing to the seatbelt/helmet laws that the government can get.

So why do we care if DC Comics, Inc. no longer exists, but DC Comics, a general partnership exists? :shrug: The corporation was wholly owned by Time Warner, and the partnership still is. Ultimately, what's the big deal?

Not that I disagree with a libertarian POV, but governments have always dictated public safety goals. Alcohol and cigarettes are regulated. Think of the label warning as the closest thing to the seatbelt/helmet laws that the government can get.

It's not a libertarian POV, it's common sense and personal choice for anyone that is an adult. Anyway, off track. That wasn't the point of the thread.

DC should use Archie comics as a model and just call themselves Batman/Superman Comics. Have a Batman/Superman logo up in the corner.

Up until the late '60s, DC's logo had the words "Superman National Comics" encircling it. So they've sort of done it before....