• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dipping my toes in OA waters...and getting splashed!

6 posts in this topic

I'm a die-hard GA collector :sumo: but often intrigued by the ongoings of the OA market hm

In the recent ComicLink auction, however, I was drawn to a piece of OA that I believe embodies many favorite attributes from GA 'classic covers': bondage, headlights, skulls, hooded menaces, torture, Frazetta-inspired art, etc.

Here's the page-- actually, the cover-- from King Conan #8 (1981) that I won. For me, John Buscema's art has a vintage quality and the splash image -- dare I say-- recalls Schomburg's classic Suspense #3:

3371392810_42e012f4e9_b.jpg

3383064826_cf788effb0.jpg3383109616_3eae92bd73.jpg

Impulsive buy? You bet! But if a few OA pieces can greatly enhance my GA comics collecting experience, I might be tempted to dive in a bit deeper... :grin:

Any other GA collectors starting to get their feet wet in OA?

GE

That's a very cool cover! Interesting angle and I love the inks and folds on the robes of the hooded figure.

I don't have any OA yet... I'd love to have an OA of a Johnny Craig splash page or cover, but that's out of my league at the moment. The Warren mags had great pen & ink art that I wouldn't mind getting into... but again, so many wants, so little dough. :(

Congrats on that piece, it looks great.

That's a wonderful cover :applause: I'm an OA novice myself, so I know of what you speak. The artists I treasure are WAY beyond my means at this point, so I buy what I can. The excitement of holding that special piece of OA is palpable. What a great feeling it is :grin: