• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll - What venue do you find gets the highest slab price for a seller?

What selling venue realizes the highest average price for the seller (using the assumptions stated)?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What selling venue realizes the highest average price for the seller (using the assumptions stated)?

16 posts in this topic

There are many ways to sell a slab.

What venue do you find gets the highest selling price (on average) for the "average" slab?

Let's make the following assumptions:

- the seller is willing to wait up to 6 months to make a sale (i.e. no rush)

- the book is a 2nd tier Marvel title (i.e. Iron Man, Daredevil, Iron Fist, etc.)

- the book is NOT a key issue

- the book has no famous/hot artist

- the book is from 1977

- the CGC grade is 9.6 and it's the 2nd highest on census

- blue label

- slab is undamaged

No kidding. What the heck was that all about? (shrug)

sorry about that, but if you check those threads, you will find the only reason I did that was to close each thread. None of them had ever officially been close and I wanted to tie up those "loose ends"

I didn't want someone posting :takeit: a month from now and me having to explain that I no longer owned the book

Dude, I'll look past page 1 to see if I've missed anything, but I don't scroll back multiple pages to find buried sales threads from 7-8 weeks ago and I doubt many others do either.

The threads were a couple weeks old for the most part. Some of the slabs I don't have any more because I just put them into the next Comiclink auction. So to be on the safe side, I closed all my old sales threads.

I'm sure my old threads will be bumped off page 1 by this afternoon anyway.