• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arse SPHINCTERS' say WHAT????

33 posts in this topic

I saw it too and wanted to comment when I first say it but never did.

There's nothing funny about that. There is nothing intelligent or witty with much of today's comedy.

I'm not tryng to bash these guys as they are probably great guys but if I were to video tape something and put it on you tube I'd at least make sure it was funny or well done.

This was neither.

R.

It was TOTALLY intended to be funny, with an epic FAIL. We get it CGC takes away from the comic enjoyment a bit, to give way to storage but, some of us enjoy having our comic sealed, that is why we have reader copies, to each his own. I did not laugh the frist time I saw it, neither the subsequent times.. it's crude..

I don't think it was intended it be funny. It was intended to be a biting indictment of the slabbed comic industry. It was liberally dusted with FAIL.

Sean it was definitely intended to be funny and it flopped, just like most people who throw themselves into the media today.

I can choose a dozen people in my little circle of people I know that can come up with something 10 times funnier than that.

Sorry, that was mediocre at best and do I ever hate mediocrity.

I took it as more degrading to the CBLDF and the person that generously donated that book. If I had donated it, and saw the video of the guys doing that, you can bet I wouldn't donate anything next time. Hell for that matter, if someone was thinking about donating and saw that, they would probably reconsider.

Kudos to the "holier than thou" nerds that made the video. Your stupidity will live in the archives of Youtube infamy.

I can choose a dozen people in my little circle of people I know that can come up with something 10 times funnier than that.

Go get the video camera. I'll hook you up. :gossip:

I think if they took turns and smashed it over each others heads and then take the broken pieces and stick them up their asses it would have been a little more entertaining :cloud9:

I do like the attention...

hm

hm

A video of you and Fabio combing each other's hair would be more entertaining than that tripe.

hm

A video of you and Fabio combing each other's hair would be more entertaining than that tripe.

lol

I'm sure some interesting footage will show up after the con circuit this summer.

:whistle:

hm

:signfunny:

hm

I saw that once, it was awkward..

I got a little chuckle out of it. (shrug)

I don't know who these guys are, no nothing about the CBLDF. Not sure if it was intended to be the funniest thing ever created or simply an anti-CGC statement.

Either way, i'm not sure why people are coming down on it so hard. Is it because we're all such great comedians in our own right? Or is it b/c we feel some sort of kinship to CGC and anybody bagging on them is in some way, bagging on us too?

Personally, it was a skit. It wasn't lol funny but whatever. What's the big deal if they ripped up the case? What's the big deal if they loathe CGC? Not sure why this is rubbing people the wrong way at all. truthfully.

That's not the problem. The problem was they could have done it tastefully. (The irony of ME teaching someone about tasteful comedy...)

They could have said "Hi. This is Phil and Mike Hunt at the comic convention. Our friend, Harry Nutz, just bought a comic and is having trouble reading it." Then finished up with their breadstick arms ripping away at the slab.

That would have been funny. As it stands, it appears like a stab at the CBLDF and whomever would be so kind as to donate such a lame prize as the slabbed book.