• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know the history of the ACTION #1 @ Geppi's Entertainment Museum? Pic

35 posts in this topic

So I was at Geppi's a couple months ago and was amazed by how beutiful a copy of action #1 they had. The book is flawless. Sure looked mint to me from the cover (that line on the left side is just a shadow).

So the question is how the heck did they get an action #1 in such condition. Is it even real or just a reprint?

action1.JPG

it is restored for sure, but I thought Geppi sold all his copies, so maybe it is on loan (shrug)

restored eh? How can you tell?

I believe he mentioned that the 3 copies he had in the museum were all restored, and I know 2 of them he sold, so this would be the 3rd ...

and, if that was unrestored in that condition...woo baby!

He got this one as part of a deal for the Court copy that was there to ensure there was still an Action #1 in the Museum. And, as noted, it is restored. I can't remember if this one is actually on loan or he bought it outright.

I was at the museum today, in fact, and will be posting pics in the General Section. Lots of changes.

what is even more "funny" is that I have been reminded that technically, the "seller" of that current action 1 in the case, has never fully been paid for...

so, I wonder if maybe we will see a little shake up, about it (shrug)

what is even more "funny" is that I have been reminded that technically, the "seller" of that current action 1 in the case, has never fully been paid for...

:o

wait a minute, you got the same email reminder I did :baiting:

wait a minute, you got the same email reminder I did :baiting:

Rick/Mark if Geppi appears to be willing to unload certain books shouldn't you guys (if you haven't already) be inquiring as to what other books you can grab from him via a trade or straight cash deal? Time for a few of you heavy hitters to pool some funds and grab some of these gems. I don't think I've seen pages whiter pages on a GA book like that Tec #27 he has on display. :cloud9:

Rick/Mark if Geppi appears to be willing to unload certain books shouldn't you guys (if you haven't already) be inquiring as to what other books you can grab from him via a trade or straight cash deal? Time for a few of you heavy hitters to pool some funds and grab some of these gems. I don't think I've seen pages whiter pages on a GA book like that Tec #27 he has on display. :cloud9:

Restored. :gossip: