• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen books

50 posts in this topic

i have been having trouble with my postman also. i was out of town for a week and left a note on my apt door to leave any packages at the office and of course he leaves it at my door sitting out for a week. luckily no one messed with it.

The USPS has a standard hold mail form you can fill out, printable from their web site, that you can leave in your mailbox, and when the carrier gets the form, they'll leave your mail at the post office until you get back and never attempt to deliver any of it and just deliver it all at once after the time period you told them to hold it ends. Whenever I'm expecting a package a week I'm gone, I always make sure I do this.

Hold mail can be held for as little as 3 days and as many as 30. You can either have them hold them at the post office until you come pick them up, or deliver all of it on a specified day.

I choose "hold until i come pick it up."

HoldMailFormPSFORM8076Crosswised_Full.jpg

i have been having trouble with my postman also. i was out of town for a week and left a note on my apt door to leave any packages at the office and of course he leaves it at my door sitting out for a week. luckily no one messed with it.

The USPS has a standard hold mail form you can fill out, printable from their web site, that you can leave in your mailbox, and when the carrier gets the form, they'll leave your mail at the post office until you get back and never attempt to deliver any of it and just deliver it all at once after the time period you told them to hold it ends. Whenever I'm expecting a package a week I'm gone, I always make sure I do this.

I did this and the PO held my letters but still delivered my packages. Luckily, my neighbor took them in for me.

Anyway, congrats on getting your book back. I remember this story and it was terrible news considering it was taken right from your door.

Sorry.. I am going to be auctioning this off and will let everyone know where the auction is... I just need to reach someone involved with Nik...or if they are reading this they can contact me via PM and I will set it up.. As far as the story goes, I will definitely tell it on here...but I can't do it for a couple days as it is too long..but its GOOOD

Sorry.. I am going to be auctioning this off and will let everyone know where the auction is... I just need to reach someone involved with Nik...or if they are reading this they can contact me via PM and I will set it up.. As far as the story goes, I will definitely tell it on here...but I can't do it for a couple days as it is too long..but its GOOOD

:busy: