• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen books

50 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember a thread for stolen books? I did a search but nothing dedicated to the topic really appeared. The woman who cleans our building knocked on my door today and gave me an empty opened box addressed to me...telling me it was in the laundry room in another part of the building. Luckily she knew me, and knew I wouldn't throw a box away there. The book that was shipped back to me was missing from the box. I found out the mailman just left the box sitting by the elevator in the building...something he wasn't supposed to do...but also found out it is still not covered by the USPS. sigh... Here's the book... Would appreciate it if anyone sees this for sale anywhere to let me know :)

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

By the way.. I just purchased the domain www.stolencomic.com - I am going to try to find a web guru to help me build it. It will be a website for people to post scans of books stolen from them...and also a place for buyers of books to look at before they buy. Just need to get all the legaleeze stuff finished first

That sucks that it is one of your neighbors too. My understanding is that the post office is suppose to only leave mail in a locked box and what does not fit they leave a note for pick up at the PO. It should be covered but I am sure they will supply a ton of reasons why its not. Wish you luck with recovering it.

My postman leaves envelopes leaning against the door sometimes and I live in an apartment complex. Sometimes they leave notice for pick-up. I'm not sure why its different, maybe the method of shipping?

Anyway, bummer on the book. I hope you find the bastid.

Excellent idea on the domain

Know any web goons?

Sorry to hear about the comic. What do you need to get started with the website?

I want to start on the website right away...even just using a template for now.

Is it just the domain name that you have bought?

Some free web hosting links here - most of them have easy to use templates:

http://www.andrewtheteacher.com/web%20hosting.htm