• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WRONG ADDRESS

19 posts in this topic

Was waiting for my stuff from CGC and call the post office to find out that the zip code on my box was wrong and was sent to someone else..

Who the H ELL screws up the address on 3 sheets with the same information on it. (shrug)

Was waiting for my stuff from CGC and call the post office to find out that the zip code on my box was wrong and was sent to someone else..

Who the H ELL screws up the address on 3 sheets with the same information on it. (shrug)

I hope this didnt happen to me. Been waiting impatiently for my NYCC books.

Hope things get straightened out :wishluck:

Hope so as well but who knows.. (shrug)

And I sure hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Seems like a monthly story on here about CGC books being in limboe, ups destroying books, and such. So far the numbers are in your favor though. (thumbs u

Happened to me on my last CGC submission - they decided to send the books to my previous house in Naperville even though:

a) a couple of months earlier a CGC witness-submitted book was sent to Naperville even though the invoice had the correct new Vernon Hills address

b) I immediately called them & asked them to update my address so it wouldn't happen again

c) all 3 copies of this new invoice, again, had the correct Vernon Hills address on it

Turns out that they actually didn't even look at the address on the invoice - they just looked at what they had previously entered in their system :screwy:

The three times I submitted books to CGC, the did not write my suite number on the package. Fortunately the security/front desk clerk in my building knows my name.... and fortunately I have a security desk. If not, I don't know hwat would have happened to the books.

I now sub everything through Paradise.

ummm.... did you give the correct zip code on the form?

Still have your copy?

You better believe I do and like stated above the information is in there system.

It was also brought to my attention that even though the zip code was wrong the box should have made it to my post office because of my address.

Unless the whole darn address was wrong.. hm

Well I have tomorrow off and will go to the post office and see who & where it was delivered too. :wishluck:

The person who signed for them will have to give a reason why they didn't return it to the post office when they found out the name on the box didn't match their's

Same with the address... Looks like someone is going to jail after tomorrow.

And will also call my credit card in the morning..

Well I have tomorrow off and will go to the post office and see who & where it was delivered too. :wishluck:

The person who signed for them will have to give a reason why they didn't return it to the post office when they found out the name on the box didn't match their's

Same with the address... Looks like someone is going to jail after tomorrow.

And will also call my credit card in the morning..

Keep us informed. Interested to see how this plays out. :wishluck:

ummm.... did you give the correct zip code on the form?

Still have your copy?

You better believe I do and like stated above the information is in there system.

It was also brought to my attention that even though the zip code was wrong the box should have made it to my post office because of my address.

Unless the whole darn address was wrong.. hm

A zip code or postal code is used to sort by machinery at the post office. If the postal code is wrong the item would be machine sorted to the wrong letter carrier or driver and he would realize it wasn't his area and send the item back to be sorted by the address. A bad postal code should not result in a misdelivery, only a delay.

I'm a letter carrier and I sort my mail by address. I would look at a postal code if the item was a no such address.

Borock must have been the glue that kept the place together, or he worked in shipping and its gone to ship since his replacement took over :juggle:

Hopefully the receiver at the wrong address is not a book collector.

Wouldn't matter if they were because the police will be involved and they would have to prove that what they signed for was their's to begin with if they can then it will be a good day for them IF NOT then someone will be going to jail. :sumo:

Like I said I'll get to the bottom of this tomorrow and get things straightened out.

Borock must have been the glue that kept the place together, or he worked in shipping and its gone to ship since his replacement took over :juggle:

Wouldn't matter if they were because the police will be involved and they would have to prove that what they signed for was their's to begin with if they can then it will be a good day for them IF NOT then someone will be going to jail. :sumo:

Like I said I'll get to the bottom of this tomorrow and get things straightened out.

Wouldn't whoever signed for them have to prove it wasn't addressed to them? Not trying to throw a spanner in the works, and I seriously hope you get your books back, but how would somebody prove they had signed for the goods even though they weren't addressed to them?

If the box is in the bin wouldn't it be kind of impossible to prove? (shrug)

Wouldn't whoever signed for them have to prove it wasn't addressed to them? Not trying to throw a spanner in the works, and I seriously hope you get your books back, but how would somebody prove they had signed for the goods even though they weren't addressed to them?

The address and package # is all kept in records by the P.O. if I'm correct. The signature required form # is tied to a specific package and destination address.

I think. hm

Could be completely wrong on this.

The address and package # is all kept in records by the P.O. if I'm correct. The signature required form # is tied to a specific package and destination address.

I think. hm

Could be completely wrong on this.

That's the thing though, if the zip code was where it actually ended up they could always roll out the 'we always get mail for people who used to live here' chestnut. Yeah people with any ounce of decency would bring this up, but unfortunately that ain't everybody...

If CGC did provide the wrong address on the shipping label, regardless of the name of the recipient, it may void any dispute over whose books they are. It's more than likely me that's wrong, but if they were my books gone astray I'd be expectin the worst. And a full refund...