• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade FF 2 Please

21 posts in this topic

shocked.gif 4.0!

Man sometimes when I realize what a layman at comics I maybe I grade things much more lax then people here... I was thinking between 6 and 7. Thats why I cant get myself to spend any money on grading I just am not as tuff on my books as you all seem to be.... that and then theres the fact that I am poor.....

Man sometimes when I realize what a layman at comics I maybe I grade things much more lax then people here... I was thinking between 6 and 7. Thats why I cant get myself to spend any money on grading I just am not as tuff on my books as you all seem to be.... that and then theres the fact that I am poor.....

6 or 7 would be a bit generous, but I was thinking more like 4.5... maybe 5.0 on a good day. Although.... my eyes tend to gloss over the flaws and gravitate to the great color and clean edges. tongue.gif

I've been collecting over 25 years now and grading has never been stricter, so you may not be the only one who is a bit lax compared to some others. grin.gif

Pretty book to be sure with the nice characterstics you mention, but the spine wear and vertical reading crease puts it at about a 4.0. Here's a CGC 4.5 for comparison's sake (yours is definitely brighter/cleaner, but this one doesn't have as much spine wear).

I was thinking 4.5. My feeling it is a 4.0 comic but like you said, the vidid color and the "whiteness" of the book make me bump up the grade slightly.

Is it for sale? insane.gif

No... I just got it... my Christmas present to myself! 893applaud-thumb.gif

When it comes to pricey books like this, high grade is out of my range.... so I go for midgrade books with nice eye appeal. smile.gif

Pretty book to be sure with the nice characterstics you mention, but the spine wear and vertical reading crease puts it at about a 4.0. Here's a CGC 4.5 for comparison's sake (yours is definitely brighter/cleaner, but this one doesn't have as much spine wear).

Yup... this one doesn't have the long creases, but much more cover and edge wear. I think this is why mid-grade books are so much harder to grade because everyone assigns different degrees of importance to different types of flaws.

BTW, don't you hate it when they cut off the bottom of the comic in CGC scans? For all we know Joe Slobotnick signed the bottom of the cover! insane.gif

Hey Zip, I think your about right-4.5 Wish you the best completing your FF run. I collect in mid-grade also,if I can't afford highgrade. I have FF #1-#110 in my collection .my favorite run of all. By the way a great book ,FF # 2 "hard to find in any grade in the run". ENJOY!! thumbsup2.gif

Hey Zip, I think your about right-4.5 Wish you the best completing your FF run. I collect in mid-grade also,if I can't afford highgrade. I have FF #1-#110 in my collection .my favorite run of all. By the way a great book ,FF # 2 "hard to find in any grade in the run". ENJOY!! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! I am only missing 3, 6, 13, 17, 45, 115, 136, 153, 165 to complete the run. I coulda had it done by now, but I've been dragging my feet and getting distracted with other stuff. 893naughty-thumb.gif

10 and under are VG or better

11-50 are FN or better with a few exceptions

51 - 100 are FN/VF or better

100 and up are VF or better

#5 is my only CGC coming in at 4.5

Yes, #2 was harder to find in the right grade at the right price than #1 shocked.gif

nice corners,lower left a little weak,off white to white,plus! if it was your first,i;m sure it was also your best key soooo 7.5,a very respectable grade to own FF 3 in.About the FF #2,maybe it is a 4.5 which seems to be the concensus,but i think an awful lot of dealers trying to sell it would be screaming 6,6,its a 6 in my face.