• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another bad ebayer

35 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I've never done a thread like this, as I've always tried to reach a peaceful end to every ebay transaction. Thats why I have a 1600+ 100% positive feedback.

But I feel it is necessary to warn my fellow cgc boardies, and friends, to this seller on ebay:

svdauctions

I purchased a supposed "NM G.I.Joe 21". http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110354081311

Well, yes we all joke about the "ebay nm" and I loved the pic someone used that placed their comic next to altoids lol. Anyways fellow boardies, after a full month of dealing with this, paypal has favored with me. And now the seller is harrasing me about it. So I thought I'd bring this up as a warning, as the guy does try to sell "NM" books, and actually had 100% feedback before me. His "NM" just so you all know had 9+ color breaks/stress marks and after emailing him, he did email me letting me know he would refund if I wasn't happy about his grading, which I saved for the paypal dispute. WELL of course he tried to lie about it all. I just wonder why people do this. I own a retail shop, and I live LIVE by word of mouth here. I've actually given people credit back that had already rented an audiobook previously, heck I refund people when they dont' like a book. It just makes for good business.

So just be warned of him.

Nick

Wow and the back cover shot looks like some amateur colour touch on the top staple tooo

Which city are you in again??

Rah-cha-cha, NY.

Now that you guys have me going, I'll find a copy for $2.00 or less this weekend!

Thanks!

Good Luck.

(thumbs u

I'll check back with you on Monday. (thumbs u

Might want to tell him how to tell the difference between the printings since alot of people have difficulty. Not positive but I know I have seen up to 3rd printing of this book. Not sure if they did a fourth.

There are four 9.8s in the census. It took SIX years before the first one hit, and it was announced by CGC themselves, to boot.

No offense intended, but why the hell would you pay $110 for a common, overprinted book that can still be found in back issue bargain bins?

Reality check.

yeah, thats what I thought too.

wow.

I checked out his scan(s), and it DID appear to be NM.

Of course, when you received it it had the other "9 color-break veins" from the spine center.

Tough break.

hang in there

CAL :hi:

I just don't understand these sellers. On our site we actually have a grading guide for customers to refer to, we list all defects on a book and offer scans of the book in hand.

On top of that if customers are not happy with their purchase when they receive the book we offer a full refund. No questions. I would be worried that if we didn't offer this kind of customer service it would severely impact our future business. Customer service is paramount.

It just astounds me that people sell massively overgraded drek then get all aggro when a buyer complains. Unbelievable.

I just don't understand these sellers. On our site we actually have a grading guide for customers to refer to, we list all defects on a book and offer scans of the book in hand.

On top of that if customers are not happy with their purchase when they receive the book we offer a full refund. No questions. I would be worried that if we didn't offer this kind of customer service it would severely impact our future business. Customer service is paramount.

It just astounds me that people sell massively overgraded drek then get all aggro when a buyer complains. Unbelievable.

Anyone who knows how to grade in the ballpark offers a full refund no questions asked because they are confident in their grading abilites. Your right though, when you question them on it they get bent out of shape. If I wasnt worried about starting a flame war Id post a Tales to Astonish # 48 I bought a few years back from a seller that claimed he was an Overstreet adviser.Dont know if hes a member here or not. Book was listed as a 6.5. When I opened the package it looked good until I looked at the back cover. It actually looked like someone held the back cover to their face and blew their nose it it. All wrinkled up and a subscription fold to boot. 4.5 at best. Maybe he was only grading the front. He got all huffy and puffy when i called him on it. Tough sheet. I want what i pay for as does anyone else. 2c

DRX

Name & shame the overgraders - the ones who do it constantly, on Ebay or anywhere else.

Maybe we should see about starting a " I CANT GRADE WITH A SH-T LIST", so people know who to stay away from on E-Bay. :roflmao:

DRX

He did technically send the book pictured. I wont' go as far as to say he used photoshop, BUT there were TONS of awful creases/stress lines and color breaks not visible on the scan. I've compared it to 7.0/7.5 cgc's.

Of course he did. His "high res" scan gave me a headache.

What a tool.

(thumbs u

Name & shame the overgraders - the ones who do it constantly, on Ebay or anywhere else.

Maybe we should see about starting a " I CANT GRADE WITH A SH-T LIST", so people know who to stay away from on E-Bay. :roflmao:

DRX

(thumbs u