• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another bad ebayer

35 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I've never done a thread like this, as I've always tried to reach a peaceful end to every ebay transaction. Thats why I have a 1600+ 100% positive feedback.

But I feel it is necessary to warn my fellow cgc boardies, and friends, to this seller on ebay:

svdauctions

I purchased a supposed "NM G.I.Joe 21". http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110354081311

Well, yes we all joke about the "ebay nm" and I loved the pic someone used that placed their comic next to altoids lol. Anyways fellow boardies, after a full month of dealing with this, paypal has favored with me. And now the seller is harrasing me about it. So I thought I'd bring this up as a warning, as the guy does try to sell "NM" books, and actually had 100% feedback before me. His "NM" just so you all know had 9+ color breaks/stress marks and after emailing him, he did email me letting me know he would refund if I wasn't happy about his grading, which I saved for the paypal dispute. WELL of course he tried to lie about it all. I just wonder why people do this. I own a retail shop, and I live LIVE by word of mouth here. I've actually given people credit back that had already rented an audiobook previously, heck I refund people when they dont' like a book. It just makes for good business.

So just be warned of him.

Nick

I read the feedback he left you, wtf is a 'tire kicker'?

Someone who goes around a car and kicks the tires, with an "ohhhhh, I dunno...this car looks kinda sketchy to me...." attitude, trying to lower the asking price by seeing flaws that aren't really there.

Not applicable to cujobyte, from what I've seen.

If anyone is going to block this ebayer from buying from them as a result and also refrain from buying from them then I would suggest you send him a message stating that an esteemed member of the CGC forums has pointed out his transgression via feedback and you are exercising your right to block him.

I've done it in the past and I see no reason why ebay would have any issue over it even if they complain since that is what these mechanisms are for.

He deserves to know he has put a significant dent in his future business.

He deserves to know he has put a significant dent in his future business.

Plus, he might come here and go completely off the rails. That's always entertaining. :D

Hello all,

I've never done a thread like this, as I've always tried to reach a peaceful end to every ebay transaction. Thats why I have a 1600+ 100% positive feedback.

But I feel it is necessary to warn my fellow cgc boardies, and friends, to this seller on ebay:

svdauctions

I purchased a supposed "NM G.I.Joe 21". http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110354081311

And now the seller is harrasing me about it. So I thought I'd bring this up as a warning, as the guy does try to sell "NM" books, and actually had 100% feedback before me.

I've actually given people credit back that had already rented an audiobook previously, heck I refund people when they dont' like a book. It just makes for good business.

So just be warned of him.

Nick

It amazes me how many auctions I see running with overgraded books that arent even close, and the sellers have 100% feedback. And they have large feedback numbers. Are there that many buyers who dont know how to grade? Are they newcombers to the hobby? Are they reading the chinsy description int the price guide and not ever seeing a grading guide? I dont get it. Then when you want a refund, you get an attitude. Im dealing with this very issue now.

I also have had occasions when the buyer didnt agree with my grade. It is good business to work with them on price or throw in some freebies. It make everyone happy.

DRX

This is THE GI JOE book, plus the movie coming out. If I remember right no 9.8 copies, so a 9.8 would go for huge dollars. I dont follow the book but with no 9.8s I would assume even 9.4s are pretty easy to sell for ok money.

Bruce

No offense intended, but why the hell would you pay $110 for a common, overprinted book that can still be found in back issue bargain bins?

No LCS in your neighborhood?

You find first printing GI JOE #21 first appearance of Storm Shadow in which one of the key comic book of the series in bargain bins in high grade?

Hi all,

To respond to some of you:

We only have 1 good LCS, but they have 0 for back issue inventory. So yes I was going to pay $110 for a nice copy of GI Joe 21. There are 9.8's, but they go for $1200++ so paying $110 for a NICE copy (doesnt' even have to be a 9.6/9.8) isnt' out of my realm of possibility.

I too noticed we had the exact same number feedback today. Totally weird. I may play the lotto later using these numbers.

He did technically send the book pictured. I wont' go as far as to say he used photoshop, BUT there were TONS of awful creases/stress lines and color breaks not visible on the scan. I've compared it to 7.0/7.5 cgc's.

In response to tire kicker feedback, yup Rock hit it on the head. And no, I didnt 'even try to lower a price on it. I just wanted my $$ back, as it wasnt' in the grade, or even close to grade that I wanted.

I completely agree with you Subliminal. I think personally that people think they can get away with these things because the internet is so big that your customer base is so large. Look at robojo's success. BUT I can only hope that in the end, somewhere it DOES matter and these actions will be taken into consideration. Of course I've been known to be to optimistic about life. Perhaps I would have given $$$ to Madoff too, if I had any extra after bills and my family.

DRX, I wish you luck with your transaction.

I will note that this seller wrote to paypal, in our dispute, that IF they did not side with him that he'd be forced to stop using them. I do not think Paypal appreciates these kind of threats. I know I dont' at my shop.

No offense intended, but why the hell would you pay $110 for a common, overprinted book that can still be found in back issue bargain bins?

No LCS in your neighborhood?

You find first printing GI JOE #21 first appearance of Storm Shadow in which one of the key comic book of the series in bargain bins in high grade?

My thoughts exactly. Which city are you in again??