• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you really want to be a superhero?

67 posts in this topic

After reading Secret Wars I & II, I wanted to be Owen Reece - The Molecule Man! :grin:

79242-969-molecule-man_super.jpg

Hey, he can always use his powers to change his appearance right? He can use his powers to do ANYTHING (thumbs u

His powers worked only on inanimate objects until the beyonder removed his mental block or expanded his powers to work on anything and everything.

It pretty much made him a God, so I don't know if his powers lasted beyond that mini series.

C

Actually it was Doom, while in possession of the Beyonder's powers, who helped Owie over that little mental block.

He faked his own 'depowerment' and went off to live the quiet life (thumbs u

By the way...you are all looking past the most obvious choice on who to be or whose powers to have.

It's simple and easy.

Starfox: He has several powers but the one in bold is the most important.

He has a superhumanly strong and durable physique and ages far more slowly than most humanoids. His chief power is to stimulate the pleasure centers in the brains of others. Eros can surround himself with a personal force field so that he can travel through space and underwater, and can both fly and perform telekinetic stunts using his ability to harness gravitons.

Just think for a second what you could do with that.

You don't have to be a hero or a villain, you can go about living your life, and all along the way women and friends and pretty much anyone or anything you come into contact with will love you.

That would make living quite easy and rather pleasurable. No one would ever know that you had this power, just that they loved being around you.

You could be elected to any office, be the biggest movie star in the world, have the most successful business ever (people could not turn you down), never get rejected by anyone for anything ever...no matter what you ask for or want.

Screw flying and magic rings...this is where it's at.

C

By the way...you are all looking past the most obvious choice on who to be or whose powers to have.

It's simple and easy.

He has a superhumanly strong and durable physique and ages far more slowly than most humanoids. His chief power is to stimulate the pleasure centers in the brains of others. Eros can surround himself with a personal force field so that he can travel through space and underwater, and can both fly and perform telekinetic stunts using his ability to harness gravitons.

You don't have to be a hero or a villain, you can go about living your life, and all along the way women and friends and pretty much anyone or anything you come into contact with will love you.

That would make living quite easy and rather pleasurable. No one would ever know that you had this power, just that they loved being around you.

You could be elected to any office, be the biggest movie star in the world, have the most successful business ever (people could not turn you down), never get rejected by anyone for anything ever...no matter what you ask for or want.

C

I can already do that.

Gonna go with the Human Torch from Marvel natch. I could fly, I'm a stud muffin with the chicks and my powers would be handy when I went camping. Plus no big hangups with my powers like the Hulk or Daredevil.

From DC I would like to be the flash. I always thought his power was intriguing and it would take no time to get ready for work in the morning.

Gonna go with the Human Torch from Marvel natch. I could fly, I'm a stud muffin with the chicks and my powers would be handy when I went camping. Plus no big hangups with my powers like the Hulk or Daredevil.

Well except for when you have a really bad nightmare and you wake up and your house looks like this....

HouseFire_2.jpg

and your uncle owen and aunt beru look like this.

127868421_a3bad5f3a9.jpg

Batman without a doubt.

I grew up in a "broken" home. Tough upbringing, rough neighborhoods. Only child. Eventually we clawed out of that mess. Spent my youth studying martial arts (Tae Kwon Do, Tang So Doo, Kempo and hockey :insane: ). I fancy myself smarter than the average bear. I like to draw, build, create things and problem solve. You wouldn't guess it from my demeanor on the boards but I have a nasty temper and a very short fuse that I have worked on correcting for years.

So no, wasn't wealthy and parent's were not murdered. But I've always been a loner and partial to the idea of a man without "powers", armed with only his smarts, fighting ability and spirit going at it alone.

Now if I would just pony up for one of those sweet Batman costumes for Halloween I'd be all set. hm

I guess I didn't ask this right...my main point was would you really, REALLY want to be a superhero (or villian) and put up with all the stuff that comes with it? Forget, for the moment about the superpowers you would have or money and think about the real danger involved...you don't know where it might come from or who might be involved. Having to be so protective of your secret identity and if it gets out how dangerous that would be. Imagining all that...would you still want to put up with the stress level and aggrevation?

Yes, if it were feasible to be a super hero, I would want to be one and am comfortable dealing with the ramifications. And yes, Batman and his life & issues would be my choice. Although I do scratch my head about not picking Superman. You're like the greatest being around. Of course you have the greatest responsibilities and weight upon your shoulders. Nah...I'd prefer to beat the tar out of the wretched hive of scum and villainy out there. :grin: And chicks dig bat ears.

I guess I didn't ask this right...my main point was would you really, REALLY want to be a superhero (or villian) and put up with all the stuff that comes with it? Forget, for the moment about the superpowers you would have or money and think about the real danger involved...you don't know where it might come from or who might be involved. Having to be so protective of your secret identity and if it gets out how dangerous that would be. Imagining all that...would you still want to put up with the stress level and aggrevation?

Yes, if it were feasible to be a super hero, I would want to be one and am comfortable dealing with the ramifications. And yes, Batman and his life & issues would be my choice. Although I do scratch my head about not picking Superman. You're like the greatest being around. Of course you have the greatest responsibilities and weight upon your shoulders. Nah...I'd prefer to beat the tar out of the wretched hive of scum and villainy out there. :grin: And chicks dig bat ears.

Superman would be such a drag. Who wants to be a flippin boy scout?

Bouncing Boy

Chlorophyl Kid & Matter Eater Lad are vastly underappreciated, too

Mostly, I was thinking about being married to Duo Damsel. Twins. :cloud9: Triplicate Girl at one time. Plus, I've got the fat part down already.

No

I just want to be able to fly.

It's simple and easy.

C

Screw all that. I want to fly.