• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you really want to be a superhero?

67 posts in this topic

And what superhero would you want to be? I have been thinking about this question and it really isn't easy to answer if you really think about all the implications. Yes it would be cool to have their superpowers and some of them do have a decent side life, but still it would'nt be easy. If you follow some of the more popular characters, which would you choose:

Superman: An alien from a long since dead & gone planet, with no existing relatives; a secret id that you must maintain; hard to near impossible to get close to anyone or risk hurting them

Batman: Parents were killed by a murderous thug; haunted by their murder and became the Batman to revenge their deaths; a secret id that you must maintain; hard to near impossible to get close to anyone or risk hurting them

Spider-Man: Haunted by his Uncle Ben's death due to his not stopping the thug murderer; a secret id that you must maintain; hard to near impossible to get close to anyone or risk hurting them

An X-Men: A hunted group of muties/outcasts ('nuff said!)

Fantastic Four: A group of irradiated individuals that the general public know who they are so risk of endangering anyone they get close to

Hulk: Gamma radiated outcast (again 'nuff said)

Daredevil: blinded in his youth; father was killed by thugs

Iron Man: has a hole in his chest!!

Not to mention that anyone of these characters could be attacked by their "arch nemisis" at anytime, for any reason!

Okay, so which one would you pick to be??

I'd love to be a green lantern

Going by the original origin...you wouldn't mind having to be beholden to a ring you would have to charge every 24 hours (in which case be open to attack if it should run out) and if you were attacked by a baseball bat (made of wood), there isn't much you could do but duck!

Going by the original origin...you wouldn't mind having to be beholden to a ring you would have to charge every 24 hours (in which case be open to attack if it should run out) and if you were attacked by a baseball bat (made of wood), there isn't much you could do but duck!

I'd prefer the original incarnation of the GL's

well if you can't remember to charge your ring once a day and can't figure out to go for the person instead of the wood...then you're far too stupid to have a ring.

As for the original question...i'm much more likely go the villain route. No world domination...just personal wealth and comfort.

I would love to be Doctor Strange, having magical powers.

And go through a crippling accident, be to arrogant to except help, become unemployed and distitute? (Gotta take the good with the bad!)

I would love to be Doctor Strange, having magical powers.

And go through a crippling accident, be to arrogant to except help, become unemployed and distitute? (Gotta take the good with the bad!)

yep, it be worth it in the end.

well if you can't remember to charge your ring once a day and can't figure out to go for the person instead of the wood...then you're far too stupid to have a ring.

I can't even remember to charge my cell phone. doh!

I'd love to be Magneto...I think his backstory is one of the best. Plus the power of magnetism would come in handy when I'm driving to work in the morning and I'm stuck behind someone driving 10 miles per hour under the speed limit.

I'd just lift my hand, squeeze, then chuck the rubble on the sidewalk...lol. Yeah, guess I'd have to lean more to the super villiains then huh...lol.

I'd definitely be Supes. I think it would be awesome to be invulnerable and able to fly.

kryptonite :gossip: