• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Archive Buying?

50 posts in this topic

They start with what you paid as a STARTING offer... that's the default.

Actually, I assumed the same thing and then sampled 20 books that I always look for. When you click Make Offer, the prices are higher than the original sale price.

I wonder if this was a Borockovation as it makes sense what they are doing so as not to have a dead market on previous books. I'm just not sure folks are going to appreciate the emails as you stated Sterling.

I'll double check....I think if you read the main section they describe how they do the "starting offer"....I think it's your original price + 10% juice.

I think this is a good idea...but I think they should've:

1. err on the side of privacy

2. communicate the freakin' feature so folks could set it up appropriately.

This was my concern as I have purchased their "for sale" books in the past and the process, simply stated, sucks. Great website and all, but how they handle non-auction items needs some overhaul.

Totally agree! I spoke with their call center manager one time about how the Buy Now market works. Heritage says they have very limited control over what goes on there, so that is why when you even see a book that says Make Offer and you send something less than the 100% price, some of the sellers will come back with a counter-offer at 100% price.

I even had one fellow try and send a counter at 100% (+) of the original Buy Now, called Heritage to inquire what happened, and it turned out the seller had a habit of doing this. They pulled all his listings.

About a year ago I asked them about the prices/process for consigning on their site (never hurts, eh?)...

There's no automated process...or even an online process. I had to leave a voice mail. Needless to say, that didn't happen.

Makes absolutely no sense considering the amount of effort I know has gone into their website. It gives me the feeling that it was just a half hearted attempt.

Oh, I forgot to say: If you see a "Buy it from the owner" button then the owner has set an explicit price on the merchandise...so the owner had to go into the system and configure this. This may help you guys determine what's real and what's fluff.

About a year ago I asked them about the prices/process for consigning on their site (never hurts, eh?)...

There's no automated process...or even an online process. I had to leave a voice mail. Needless to say, that didn't happen.

Makes absolutely no sense considering the amount of effort I know has gone into their website. It gives me the feeling that it was just a half hearted attempt.

Yup! When I did call in and tried to understand how the engagement worked (or didn't), I also told them how much their "lack of control" could hurt their brand image as whether they have control or not, all sales are taking place through the Heritage Auctions web interface. It all comes across as Heritage then.

They read through here once in a while. Hopefully they catch this thread.

I placed an offer on a book about 2 weeks ago and my offer was accepted. I then received an email from Heritage for my payment info (gave them an echeck). At the end of the summary bill, it had a shipping date between Mar. 21-28th. In that email, it said that I will receive a final confirmation regarding that order in 2 days. Didn't receive it. After a week, I emailed Heritage and asked them where my final confirmation email was, but they never sent me an email. So, I will give them a call on Monday and ask them about the status. Will let you guys know what happens.

does NOT sound good

CAL who wishes you luck!!! :wishluck:

I may have some good news (at least for me). I just checked my bank statement online and Heritage deducted the offer price I made from my account. It seems like the deal will go through :wishluck:

I may have some good news (at least for me). I just checked my bank statement online and Heritage deducted the offer price I made from my account. It seems like the deal will go through :wishluck:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Please keep us posted how it goes. I'd like to think the process is slightly ironed out even in the early stages.

I do not believe the complete story is for sale.

The listing states "Complete 8-page story" so I assumed it was. Is this a mixup on Heritage's part that they activated the listing incorrectly?

I mean I'm already pulling money out from under the matress, feeling in-between couch cushions for loose change, and scouring the streets for tossed pennies. Don't lead me on now.

sSa_falltopieces.gif