• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Marvel ever explain why Hulk is stupid again?

26 posts in this topic

As far as I remember, Hulk was using full sentences and net referring to himself in the 3rd person in WWH. Now, all of a sudden he's back to "Leave Hulk alone" Hulk... If Amadeus Cho hasn't commented on it yet then this must have been explained somewhere... Right?

My theory is that we'll see the more thoughtful Hulk again when they do the saga where Hulk meets up with this son-he-never-knew-he-had, Skaar. The Red Hulk seems to be doing all the thinking lately though, which is stupid because they already portray him as invincible, so why does he have to be smarter than the other heroes too?

"Did Marvel ever explain why Hulk is stupid again?"

Yes. The answer was... Jeph Loeb.

:signfunny:

Wasn't the Hulk smart because Hulk & Banner we working together & in complete agreement?

Also the creator of the Wendi-Hulk, a combination of Wendigo and Hulk, it was the last name in the coffin for taking him seriously.

Also the creator of the Wendi-Hulk, a combination of Wendigo and Hulk, it was the last name in the coffin for taking him seriously.

I haven't picked up issues past #6 so I need to catch up. While the stuff was fun to read the way Loeb transitioned it from WWH was ridiculous. has the Red Hulk's orgin been fully explained yet or are they still making stuff up as they go along?

The HULK still has a comic?

Not for long the way that it is going.

I've got every Hulk comic published way back to the original 6 issue run but I had to drop if after 9 issues of that Red Hulk nonsense. doh!

Wow. I missed that one. And I'm darned glad I did! I dropped "Red Hulk" after all of two issues. So bad. I couldn't even stick it out for any kind of upswing.

Skaar, son of Hulk #9..Hulk seems to have his WWH persona back..not sure where that sits in the new HULK time line....I've followed HULK for many years,..and I don't remember his personality shifting, so rapidly.

He was WWH from Incredible Hulk V3 #95ish to # 111,...

WWH for the 25 odd books in the WWH Marvel run ie Planet HULK, WWH Gamma corp..etc

Hulk #1..he's back to a savage single syllable (HULK SMASH...HULK SMASH PUNNY HUMANS)...

Thank god the HULK books got a whole hell of a lot better after #7,..or I was ready to drop the tittle,..(Did i just say that)

Yeah $3.99 along with 2 different covers and all the variant madness behind this series. As soon as Moon Knight dropped out of the picture this comic series dropped out of my subscriptiopn list lol .