• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF is going on with the FS forum

302 posts in this topic

I love how the Market place has become the place to set new GPA records. Why would I buy off of ebay or comiclink for cheaper? Heck no...I'd rather pay you a new record Hi since you are not paying any Final Value or Listing Fees :screwy:

I hope you didn't actually sketch that on the book! lol Too funny!

lol

No I didn't draw on the book. I don't want to feel the wrath of the sketch art people thinking I wasted a perfectly good sketch book. Its still in its minty fresh state and that was just a piece of paper I put underneath when I scanned. :)

Sub forums would be great. All you really need are a separate Gold,Silver and Bronze/Modern

Yeah, that would be real :censored: great - all that MA crepe in the BA category, especially as in terms of volume and demand, the BA is likely the most popular in terms of book volume.

I'd probably break it down to 3 categories:

Gold, Silver/Bronze, Copper/Moderns.

As for the complaints with the marketplace forum, I've had good success selling in the forums. So I'm not sure I have any real grounds to complain about anything.

I concur. I find that if you have good stuff and a good reputation its a great venue for moving books.

I've also found that if the stuff isn't all that great, that ebay gets me more bang.

Put subforums for sale in each of the forums, I want golden age, I go to golden age forum and there is a sub-forum to buy golden age, I want silver age,I go to silver age forum and there is a sub-forum to buy silver age,do this also to the bronze,copper,modern and yes even for the magazine gurus.

What about people selling books across all ages and genres? Where would they list? They'd have to start multiple selling threads for each type of book.

Everyone is also disregarding the "browsing and impulse buying" that would be greatly diminished with segmented selling forums.

Why overcomplicate the matter and institute new rules? Just insist that the minority of people that abuse the system use good manners and judgement.

moonknightrulessheep.jpg

Now it has a sketch by The Beyonder so I have increased the price to $20,000

This version has the CGC sheep on it with a legless Moon Knight.

I accept cash only in a fancy metal briefcase and dropoff will be decided when needed.

Steve summed it up nicely. (thumbs u

You know, if every seller simply followed the simple rules we've established, and if other people could restrain their impulse to yammer incessantly, we'd have an instant improvement and clean up the mess the FS Forum has become. It's really not that difficult, folks.

What about people selling books across all ages and genres? Where would they list? They'd have to start multiple selling threads for each type of book.

Everyone is also disregarding the "browsing and impulse buying" that would be greatly diminished with segmented selling forums.

Why overcomplicate the matter and institute new rules? Just insist that the minority of people that abuse the system use good manners and judgement.

Age may not work but maybe a way to divide the forum section into price ranges of books instead might be better. Most of the time when I see multipel threads the seller has a bunch of lower end books and then makes a seperate thread for one or a few more expensive books.

Have like:

1. $0.00 - $25.00 comics

2. $25.01 - $100.00 comics

3. $100.01 and up comics

4. Signature series

5. Original Art

6. Magazines

7. Comic related toys, glasses, keychains, clocks

Age may not work but maybe a way to divide the forum section into price ranges of books instead might be better. Most of the time when I see multipel threads the seller has a bunch of lower end books and then makes a seperate thread for one or a few more expensive books.

Have like:

1. $0.00 - $25.00 comics

3. $100.01 and up comics

4. Signature series

5. Original Art

6. Magazines

One way or another, you're creating a more complex system that will inevitably result in more ways for some people to violate the rules.

I think users need to police themselves and not create issues that give our hosts headaches. It's a free forum provided as a courtesy. Too many headaches and we will kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Have like:

1. $0.00 - $25.00 comics

3. $100.01 and up comics

4. Signature series

5. Original Art

6. Magazines

One way or another, you're creating a more complex system that will inevitably result in more ways for some people to violate the rules.

I think users need to police themselves and not create issues that give our hosts headaches. It's a free forum provided as a courtesy. Too many headaches and we will kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

I am surprised CGC hasn't turned around already and set up their own sales website addon that is searchable and such.