• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLink sent me the wrong book...

58 posts in this topic

Phone calls are not blocked by third-party service providers at the switch level, nor are they shuffled off to a voicemail folder that isn't checked.

People should check their junk mail folders once a week but most never do

(thumbs u

I had a private transaction that I thought had gone bad for almost a month. I finally called the guy and it turns out my emails were sitting in his spam folder. It does happen.

I have communicated exclusively by email with Tomis for the last 2 years and now my emails are in the junk folder?

:roflmao:

I don't know your history. I do know that email is not as reliable as a phone call and if I personally get no response from ANYONE after a reasonable period of time I will call them.

I'm not saying your mail is going to the junk folder. It could be, it could be lost in cyber space, it could be anywhere. All I'm saying is that I would have followed up with a phone call a long time ago. I have had emails from someone I have reliably interacted with previously go from ending up in my in box to a junk folder. I can only assume that it was due to difference in email content.

In any case my point is that it is not flawless.

They immediately pick up the phone and you get instant answers.

Again, that's just my preference in any transaction. To each his own.

:foryou:

R.

not saying that's definitely the case, but ruling it out as a possibility gets you exactly nowhere, now does it?

they could have changed their 3rd party spam filter, their ISP could have done the same, he might have changed e-mail clients while not carrying over his full address book, your e-mails could have been misrouted...who knows?

all i know is that if you're not getting anywhere by e-mail just pick up the phone. it's not that hard. don't know what rates from your neck of the woods to NY are, but surely its worth not having to wait on an answer any longer

Well of course I'm gonna call, I'm just peeved that I have to.

As for the ''airing things out on the Boards'', the old addage goes, if we have a good experience in retail we will tell usually 2 people, if we have a bad experience we will tell as many people as we can. Airing things out here will hopefully make not just CLink but hopefully Pedigree, Worldwide, Comic Connect, etc. that they are not immune to the hassles of customer service just because they cater to a niche market, if anything they have to do their best to outshine each other in order to maintain their piece of the market. If I owned any of those companies or any comic related company I'd be on here everyday to take the pulse of the community and change whatever needed to be changed to keep US, the buyers, happy. That little kid who used to buy GI Joes for 75 cents in 84 is now a 35 year old making a lot of money and wants to spend it on 9.8s and whatnot. He also spends more time texting and emailing than being on the phone. Adapt or perish...

An honest mistake, I won Giant-Size Superstars #1 9.8 and received Giant-Size Super-Heroes #1 9.8.

Hopefully, you are still holding the second book, and didn't just send it back to CL without any communication from their end.. right?

An honest mistake, I won Giant-Size Superstars #1 9.8 and received Giant-Size Super-Heroes #1 9.8.

Hopefully, you are still holding the second book, and didn't just send it back to CL without any communication from their end.. right?

Yeah that part of the problem was solved, I got my book quickly. The other book I won had a crack that I sent back to them to get reholdered at the same time. Still waiting for that one.

An honest mistake, I won Giant-Size Superstars #1 9.8 and received Giant-Size Super-Heroes #1 9.8. So I'm hoping the winner of said book is a boardie so he/she can contact me about swapping books.

Especially considering the price he/she paid for it! WOW :o

I'll take good care of it in the meantime, please don't throw mine away in anger :wishluck:

Wish my 400th post could have been something less annoying...

Hi, this is ComicLink customer service, coming to you live from the CGC Forums. How may I help you?

call-centre.jpg

Dude.....you should have made the phone call 3 months ago. I will be surprised if this turns out well.

Whenever I read of a CL difficulty with communication (and I've had them myself) , the boardie is advised to phone. Now this is probably the best thing to do as these situations deteriorate --- but is should not be necessary.

An email says exactly what you want it to say. It cannot be (honestly) misquoted and can be referenced if the need exists. The email provides an electronic trail of communication.

With the phone, you may or may not be talking to the right person, they may mishear what you say or worse forget important details. They might not take notes, take incorrect notes or lose such notes.

Emails are not perfect but if a company provides email communication, they should use it as the rest of us do. :sumo:

This brings up an interesting point. Should email take precedence or have higher priority over phone calls in business? I personally prefer a phone call over any other sort of communication. Email has evolved into a very important form of communication very quickly but it's not as good as a good old fashioned phone call IMO.

R.

Email is better for information exchange.

Like addresses, money amounts, sending invoices.

It also leaves a paper tail for reference.

However the phone is better for shooting the sheet.

Curious how long does it take to get a check from CLink I sold my first Item on there May 22 and am still waiting. Just Curious The site states that they send them out the 1st and snd week of the month for all sale of the prior month, but that was almost 3 weeks ago.

Yeah I already contacted them, but figured it would be quicker to just send it to him.

No, let CL handle it so you're protected in case Buyer #2 decides to keep both books. Had that happen on EBay once, and I'll never risk it again.

Let the seller take 100% responsibility, as they should.

Definitely...this is why ComicLink gets paid the 10% commission.

Curious how long does it take to get a check from CLink I sold my first Item on there May 22 and am still waiting. Just Curious The site states that they send them out the 1st and snd week of the month for all sale of the prior month, but that was almost 3 weeks ago.

It depends on when your book actually arrives at Clink and also on how quick the buyer pays. I've had books sell towards the end of the month where I don't receive the check until the first of the second month....but it always comes and most importantly, it always clears. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Does anybody know how they pay foreigners? Ive sent my first book two or three weeks ago & asked how the payment procedure will be, paypal or whatever, but didnt receive an answer yet. So if overseas clink customers read this maybe they can enlighten me about the procedure,

Thomas

Does anybody know how they pay foreigners? Ive sent my first book two or three weeks ago & asked how the payment procedure will be, paypal or whatever, but didnt receive an answer yet. So if overseas clink customers read this maybe they can enlighten me about the procedure,

Thomas

US$ check.

I just got my books from this last Auction and they have not even cashed the check.

John

Man, it's comments like that that make me seriously rethink consigning anything to them. If they are that disorganized...

I just got my books from this last Auction and they have not even cashed the check.

John

Man, it's comments like that that make me seriously rethink consigning anything to them. If they are that disorganized...

That explains it, I paid moments after the auction end and they have my money but have not mailed any books. Apparently they need to keep a balance in the force.