• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grahamcrackerscomics?

55 posts in this topic

all of a sudden i'm seeing lots of references to Comic Keys (daniel kupcak?).

i know him as richard koos and your're scaring me man.......i thought the AF#15 that i bought last year from him might be ever so slightly trimmed (when i compared it to my own off-the-shelf copy purchased back in 1962).

all of a sudden he's public enemy #1(well maybe that's a slight exaggeration). does he really have a history of this stuff?? he's got over a thousand feeds with only 4 negs and is a platinum power-seller. say it ain't so, supa.........893frustrated.gif

Your user name has just taken on a whole new meaning. foreheadslap.gif

As mentioned above, this topic has been discussed here ad nasium. But to make it easier for you, I'll sum it up quickly:

As FF mentioned, I have yet to hear from someone who has purchased a book from Comic Keys, that has come back from CGC unrestored. This includes me. I got 2 different 4K Avengers #1's from him, in VF/NM and NM- respectivley, and BOTH were restored. But because I sent them through CGC's walk-thru service, I found out within days, and got my money back(although I lost about $500 in grading, shipping and customs fees). There are a number of other stories like this, from reputable sources.

He has few negatives because if you can detect the resto, he will give you your money back. And I bet that a large number of his positives are because he's given refunds. He's also built up his positive ratings from purchases.

This is just a very short summary, explaining why I am 99.9% certain your AF 15 is restored. There's a lot more to it than that, and you should really spend some time digging through past threads.

I just BIN'D 2 mid grade Conan 30 cent variants (CGC 6.5 63 and 64) from him for $30 each. I got them real fast and we exchanged some very odd feedback insane.gif

I just purchased a CGC'd copy of Amazing Spider-man #95, and I have to admit, the feedback was positive, but strange:

grahamcrackerscomics.com)( 4291) Dec-21-03 13:10:45 PST 2210289222 B

Praise : I laughed ....I cried... this transaction became a part of me...

I want what ever this dudes on!!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

That is GREAT feedback!! You know how much lame feedback I see, that is great! You run out of things to say and they found a new approach.

AK, just to piggyback on why not MORE negs and the refund policy. If done properly, you can string along a buyer on the promise of a refund just long enough that they will not be able neg you according to eBay's feedback timeframe. It is real easy. MOst people are very trusting and hope naively that a resolution that is best for all will be the final outcome. Very few people really face frauds and their deceitfulness on a daily basis. Sometimes the fraud can get real lucky and it becomes a contest of wills and for the most part, honest everyday people feel frustrated enough in pursuing frauds and trying to work within the system to resolve things that they just give up - and the fraud "wins". If however the buyer is persistent and has contacts to law enforcement resources or "other contacts above the law" that will enforce their threats to bring the fraud to justice or enact some semblance of it, one may have a better chance of recouping their losses from the fraud.

thanks to you and FF for the input.

i will definitely read all of the supplied threads.

and, yes, that's why i chose that name.

maybe i'll give you guys first crack at my high grade/low issue # FF collection (all slabbed, of course) when i get the remainder back from CGC. i'm gonna need to make up all the dough i got taken for.......... 893frustrated.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^] Batman!!!!!!! that is some wickedly long and bizarre thread. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

question; did DD/Hammer/Comic Keys/Richard Koos ever finally get connected?

i think i'll go slit my wrists now............ 893frustrated.gif

i'll tell you one way some people keep the negs off is thru private auctions when theres no need for a private auction. buyers don't contact one another and theres no trace possible to see whats sold and been returned. i bought an FF 13 that way from antiquevendors. there were 3 or 4 early issues up by them and that was the one i had the misfortune to win.The book in no way matched the description which seemed to be at least a fine. what i recieved was a G.I left neg feedback rather than return(took one for the team to expose the cheat) and got back my only negative in reply.thats the other reason people don't leave negative.the fear of retaliation.