• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your 5 favorite comics under $10

42 posts in this topic

There have been a lot of favorite comic threads but I thought this would be an interesting twist. Most of the list are full of high priced comics I thought it would be interesting to see everyones favorite low end comics. List your favorite comics that are around $10 or less. I am sure there are a pile of great comic stories out there that usally are left of list because they are cheap or don't contain a popular first app.

Lets see your list.

Without listing specific issues, Warren Vampirella mags can be had for $10 in fine shape; I still like a lot of the Valiant books... and as an oddball, I have two sweet copies of Oktoberfest Comics (pre Cerebus Dave Sim). All good reads!

I really enjoyed Crossgen's Meridian, Ruse, and Route 666. Negation was pretty decent as well. I also quite enjoyed Valiant's Archer and Armstrong. All of these books should be available cheaply.

Andy

Batman #516, Kelley Jones' first interior artwork on the Bat title. Man that guys art had me begging for more every month.

Right behind that would be Batman #522, one of my favourite covers ever.

522-1.jpg

I love the Grant / Breyfogle Detective Comics. How about the "Mud Pack" mini-series... #604 - 607.

Was that the third Clayface in that run?

I love the Grant / Breyfogle Detective Comics. How about the "Mud Pack" mini-series... #604 - 607.

Actually, ALL of the Clayfaces, including a new female one were in that series. All the Grant/Breyfogle books were good, so check out any of them.

Actually, ALL of the Clayfaces, including a new female one were in that series. All the Grant/Breyfogle books were good, so check out any of them.

I do have them, just haven't read them for quite a while. My memory's *spoon* at the best of times :grin:

Empire #s 1-6 from DC.

Amazing Spider-Man #s 268-270 (where he beats the holy hell outta Firelord)

Uncanny X-Men #173 (classic Wolverine & Silver Samurai fight)

I could probably think of 10 different ones at a different time, so don't hold me to this.

(thumbs u

-slym