• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your 5 favorite comics under $10

42 posts in this topic

im pretty sure you can get all the judas contact teen titans books for a buck or two, still great reads

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Two thumbs up. The WHOLE Perez/Wolfman Titans run from 3-50 is great and probably would run you an average of $3-4/issue.

I recently read the Simonson Thor run, the entire Harley Quinn series, and the New Teen Titans series. All of them were great (although once Simonson, Dodson, and Perez stopped doing the art, IMHO each series wasn't as good). Any of those should be available for less than $10.

There are a ton of choices, really. Most anything from the last 25 years is available for less than $10 if you're not worried about ultra-high grade.

For older stuff, how about

Warlord 1-15

Mr. Miracle 19-25 Steve Englehart and Steve Gerber -script, Marshall Rogers and Mike Golden do the art.

Detective Comics 469-476, the Englehart Darknight Detective run. Mid-grade copies should be readily available for less than $10 each.

Charlton Premiere 2 - classic story by O'Neil and Boyette. You can read it here: http://fortressofortitude.wordpress.com/2008/12/04/children-of-doom/

A number of later Alan Moore Swamp Things. I'll choose #60.

I love the Grant / Breyfogle Detective Comics. How about the "Mud Pack" mini-series... #604 - 607.

Thanks for the link that looks like an interesting read. I will add it to my want list.

Here's my list can you tell I read Batman...

Batman Family 17 - Has something for everyone - Batman, Robin, Huntress from Earth-two, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Etrigan. What more could someone what in a comic?

Batman 531 - Deadman Connection part 2 by Moench and Kelly. Loved their entire run but this one was especially fun read and they broke from traditional format. Full story 530-532.

Detective 711 - Bruce Wayne in action without the cowl. Great issue.

Nightwing 25 - The boys - NW and Robin just hanging out testing their skills.

Nightwing 52 - Selina dreaming of marrying Batman and makes a move on NW to make Bruce jealous.

Batman 392 - Batman and Catwoman's first date in costume.

Charlton Premiere 2 - classic story by O'Neil and Boyette. You can read it here: http://fortressofortitude.wordpress.com/2008/12/04/children-of-doom/

I love the Grant / Breyfogle Detective Comics. How about the "Mud Pack" mini-series... #604 - 607.

See, this is why I have a love/hate thing with these boards. I've never heard of Charlton Premiere, even though I have a lot of their books (Bullseye, Blue Beetle, Peacemaker etc).

Thanks a lot. Thanks to you (and a check with GCD ) I now have another 5 comics on the want list :cry:

I missed it said 5 books doh!

So to add to Batman #516 and #522 I'd have to go with Batman #450, Vengeance of Bane and 'Tec #694.

So to add to Batman #516 and #522 I'd have to go with Batman #450, Vengeance of Bane and 'Tec #694.

I listed 6 and hoping to get it past the thread police :gossip:

BTW - Good picks

Awww to hell with it, the rules are being broken all over the place tonight, may as well throw another 5 in :insane:

And I'm with you on the Moench/Jones run. Pure awesomeness (thumbs u

See, this is why I have a love/hate thing with these boards. I've never heard of Charlton Premiere, even though I have a lot of their books (Bullseye, Blue Beetle, Peacemaker etc).

Thanks a lot. Thanks to you (and a check with GCD ) I now have another 5 comics on the want list :cry:

Hahaha.... sorry or you're welcome? :)

Add this one to your list: Batman Annual 11, written by Alan Moore, featuring Clayface 3. Great story.

BTW - Good picks

Awww to hell with it, the rules are being broken all over the place tonight, may as well throw another 5 in :insane:

That Tec 694 is Dixon's Poison Ivy story?

Favorite Animated comics...

Batman Adventures 33 - Possibly one of the best Batman stories I have read and normally forget about because its part of the animated series

Batman Adventures 13 - Bruce and Talia in Paris

Batman Adventures 23 - Batman teams up with Poison Ivy

Batman Adventures 29 - Bruce and Talia again and it has a James Bond feeling to it.

Batman Adventures Holiday Special

Hahaha.... sorry or you're welcome? :)

Add this one to your list: Batman Annual 11, written by Alan Moore, featuring Clayface 3. Great story.

That one I do have. I am a sucker for Moore's stuff. (thumbs u

BTW - Good picks

Heh - I figure my "Empire" 1-6 LS set as one comic, as you can get all 6 of them for $10 or less.

lol

-slym

some great issues which are cheap

- Death of Superboy issues in Legion

- Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes Treasury featuring the wedding of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl

- Superman & the Amazing Spider-man treasury(only under 10.00 in low grade)

- Amazing Spider-man #269, 270 - Spidey vs Firelord

-Amazing Spider-man #200 (but you have to read #189 - 199 before you really get it)

- Amazing Spider-man #248 - 251 - Hobgoblin issues

- most issues of Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes from #210 - 259 (great under-rated run of books)

- Strange Tales #178 - 181, Warlock #9 - 15,

- Thano's Quest, Silver Surfer #34 - 50, Infinity Gauntlet #1 - 6

- the last Superman story by Alan Moore

- Superman vs Muhammad Ali

- Justice League of America #145 - 147(I think that is right), features the JLA, JSA, and the Legion

- Superboy #175 (one of my favorite books as a kid)