• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Fast and Furious Off To Huge Start

37 posts in this topic

I can't believe the amount of money F&F 4 pulled in this weekend. $72 mil is unreal :o I would have thought $40 mil. Apparently, Diesel's career isn't quite as dead as I thought. I loved the first one, 2 and 3 were terrible. Polls seem to indicate people like this one better than the first so I'm looking forward to it.

My friend said it stunk. I will wait for it to be on HBO.

OT. He also said cloverfield was good.. I still havent forgiven him for that.

I guess his opinion would only be relavent if he liked the first one. If he didn't, it's probably just not his "type" of movie. It's not the kind of thing everyone would like.

I thought Cloverfield was good and I thought F&F 1 was good so if this is similar I'll watch it.

Being a car guy I always love a good car movie.

R.

I can't believe the amount of money F&F 4 pulled in this weekend. $72 mil is unreal :o I would have thought $40 mil. Apparently, Diesel's career isn't quite as dead as I thought.

Vin Diesel is like Stallone, he's popular, but only in very *specific* roles. Sly has absolutely no box office pull, unless you put him in a new Rocky or Rambo flick.

Same with Vin, the guy is DOA (he even cooked the Riddick goose with that horrible sequel), unless he's behind the wheel of a fast car.

First one was the best by far though.....

Up until the stupid "Car Wars" segment, the first F&F movie was a surprisingly fun movie (love when Walker races Mr Ferrari - the look in Vin's face is classic), even though it was a total rip-off of Point Break, while the next two movies were absolute sheit.

I can't believe the amount of money F&F 4 pulled in this weekend. $72 mil is unreal :o I would have thought $40 mil. Apparently, Diesel's career isn't quite as dead as I thought.

Vin Diesel is like Stallone, he's popular, but only in very *specific* roles. Sly has absolutely no box office pull, unless you put him in a new Rocky or Rambo flick.

Same with Vin, the guy is DOA (he even cooked the Riddick goose with that horrible sequel), unless he's behind the wheel of a fast car.

He was good in Knockaround Guys, too.

I can't imagine taking these movies serious, ever. I mean, I'll go see it- but it's mainly to laugh at how absurd a premise is.

The third one was so bad...but the whole thing was so amazingly stupid that you can't help but go into these movies and approach them as if they're absurdist comedy.

Pat was probably one of the guys vommiting with the women...

Your a woman!

Fast and Furious 1 was ok. 2 stunk.

Cloverfield pizzed me off, the wife too. Waited the whole movie for it to get good. And then the credits roled :P

Cloverfield might have been good if it didn't suffer from shaken camera syndrome.

Cloverfield might have been good if it didn't suffer from shaken camera syndrome.

Agreed..

Plus it needed more monster on screen

I guess his opinion would only be relavent if he liked the first one. If he didn't, it's probably just not his "type" of movie. It's not the kind of thing everyone would like.

I saw it with my son this afternoon.The car stunts were cool as usual.I like Vin Diesel as an action character,just not sure if hes a great actor.Michelle Rodriguez,and the other actress who plays his sister are stunning.It was worth the matinee price,as I had a good time.