• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Company Comics????

44 posts in this topic

PGX will grade Jay books. CGC won't due to the fact that the covers have a lot of overhange and CGC doesn't feel comfortable with how they will fit in their holder.

Yes, the did the Museums... in fact they still do. They are really heavy with Zenescope on doing Museum editions.

Gorgeous covers - you gotta give them that.

There are museum books in CGC slabs, back before CGC realized what the slabs were doing to the books. If you have a museum in a CGC slab and the parchment cover has NOT become separated from "the regular cover", you are a very, very lucky collector.

Has anyone had any recent dealings with these guys? I placed an order with these guys prior to finding this thread. Since finding this thread I've tried calling them (phone number disconnected), e-mailing (no response), and found out the Better Business Bureau rates them as a F. I'm worried they're going to run off with my cash and send me nothing.

Has anyone had any recent dealings with these guys? I placed an order with these guys prior to finding this thread. Since finding this thread I've tried calling them (phone number disconnected), e-mailing (no response), and found out the Better Business Bureau rates them as a F. I'm worried they're going to run off with my cash and send me nothing.

I thought they were set up in Chicago this weekend. I saw their name but I didn't look for their booth.

The BBB thing might not be the thing to go with. They didn't apply for BBB certification and the F is based on one complaint.

Anyone at WW Chicago this weekend see them set up?

They were there. This time of year they go from one convention to another so they are busy. They are both good people but they can take a while to respond. Don't worry about the BBB.

Look them up on Facebook...they seem to be on there often.

I placed an order with these guys before doing my research and I wish I hadn't :(

I put my order in on 6/1

On 6/15 after a total of zero contact from them and an order that had been stuck on "Processing" for most of that time I sent them a message requesting that they cancel my order and refund my money.

On 6/16 after no reply I sent a similar message to one of the personal email addresses listed on their website, again requesting they cancel my order and just give me a refund.

On 6/19 I copied the previous message to the other personal email address listed on their website.

On 6/24 I opened a PayPal dispute and they haven't replied to that.

Today (6/26) I received a package from them posted 6/22 which is clearly after my multiple attempts to contact them regarding cancelling my order. Now I'm out the postage to return the comics that I no longer wanted because of the delay by these yahoos. They appear to have some cool stuff, but this experience has really soured me towards them.

They were there. This time of year they go from one convention to another so they are busy. They are both good people but they can take a while to respond. Don't worry about the BBB.

Imagine if they invented a phone where you could keep in contact with people via voice, text, email and through social networking sites and that was powerful enough that some brilliant people could invent "applications" that could let you see, update and administer database information and give updates to customers about their purchases!

So apparently after telling them through PayPal that if I didn't hear from them by 6/29 I'd be escalating the case they refunded my money and provided me an address to return the package to. I'm out the return shipping but at least this fiasco is over with. Now I just have to hope they never have any cool variants I find myself wanting because they'll probably refuse to deal with me for being a customer who refused to accept their complete and total lack of contact.

And the message they sent me with the refund was -

Please return package (unopened) to: (Their Address)

That was it, no explanation, no apology, no nothing. How does this sort of customer service allow them to remain in business?

On multiple occassions they have shipped me the wrong books and they never reply to emails asking for a correction. My last order with them was pretty (very) bad and have not placed an order since. Just today I received my invoices for my orders from May-July, 2011 - thought that was kind of weird...

I know its probably ridiculous to keep posting here but it occured to me that I've got my refund so why shouldn't I just hold onto the package for about a month before I get around to shipping it back to them? :insane:

Of course I won't do this. The box already has a label on it to go back to them...

Edited by Cascaders27

I know its probably ridiculous to keep posting here but it occured to me that I've got my refund so why shouldn't I just hold onto the package for about a month before I get around to shipping it back to them? :insane:

Of course I won't do this. The box already has a label on it to go back to them...

That's what I would do. I'd hang onto that box until they asked where it was or Paypal asked you where it was. Then, drop it in the mail and say "There you go!"

I'm not a big fan of the business philosophy that consumers should be so grateful that they get a refund on a shoddy/late purchase they jump at the chance to treat the business better than they have been treated throughout the transaction.

Perhaps if consumers made it just a big of a pain in the to get things back as retailers make it for them to get in the first place - we'd start seeing some changes being made.

I'd keep the books until someone spoke up about it - just like you had to do. Multiple times. And this isn't a beef against Jay Comics (never done business with them) this is a beef against sellers in general who use "I'm busy" as a crutch for being lazy and inattentive.

That's what I would do. I'd hang onto that box until they asked where it was or Paypal asked you where it was. Then, drop it in the mail and say "There you go!"

I'm not a big fan of the business philosophy that consumers should be so grateful that they get a refund on a shoddy/late purchase they jump at the chance to treat the business better than they have been treated throughout the transaction.

Perhaps if consumers made it just a big of a pain in the to get things back as retailers make it for them to get in the first place - we'd start seeing some changes being made.

I'd keep the books until someone spoke up about it - just like you had to do. Multiple times. And this isn't a beef against Jay Comics (never done business with them) this is a beef against sellers in general who use "I'm busy" as a crutch for being lazy and inattentive.

:popcorn:

Has anyone had any of the Jay Company books CGC graded or are they all rejected? I have a few GFT that I’d like to submit but won’t waste my time submitting if they won’t be graded.

Also from what I’m reading in this thread their service may be slow but they are not thieves so I’m planning on an order, has anyone had recent dealings that were positive?

Somebody from that company is posting almost daily in the events forum, pushing the Vegas show. Seems like they were hired to run the show. He has responded to any question I've asked, though the answers are not what I was hoping to hear.