• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- Favorite Childhood T.V. Show?

98 posts in this topic

Since we have a favorite movie thread it's only right that we also have a favorite T.V. show thread :insane:

So let see what was everyones favorite childhood T.V. show.

For me it was The Dukes Of Hazzard :headbang: What's not to love? It had fast cars, beautiful women (Daisy :luhv: ), Chases, stunts, etc.

dukes_of_hazzard.jpg

Of course I purchased season one on DVD recently and OMG the dialog is horrible lol Oh well :shrug:

Man, I grew up in L.A. watching those killer Japanese superhero shows on channel 56 or 18 like Kamen Rider back in the early 70's (puts the Power Rangers to shame). Those things freaked me out.

Also, Sunday morning watching the Little Rascals, then Popeye with that guy that was always doodling between cartoons on channel 5 (Tom Hatton or something like that).

Brian

Combat

Man From UNCLE

Wild Wild West

Addams Family

yea....I remember the black and white days :P

Your first three are in my top ten...both shows every Monday at recess we would discuss at length (mid grade school for me)...also, in no particular order...(I'm sure I'm drawing blanks on some...)

Bonanza

Dobey Gillis

Soupy Sales

a little later...

Rat Patrol

Invaders (first alien tv show I can remember...about 7th grade/1967)

I still watch Combat! to this day! (They show it twice a day in the Bay Area... sometimes three times a day.) Great show!

Man, I grew up in L.A. watching those killer Japanese superhero shows on channel 56 or 18 like Kamen Rider back in the early 70's (puts the Power Rangers to shame). Those things freaked me out.

Also, Sunday morning watching the Little Rascals, then Popeye with that guy that was always doodling between cartoons on channel 5 (Tom Hatton or something like that).

Brian

I remember those shows on 56....they rocked.

Loved Shazam, Six million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Land of the Lost, Time Tunnel, all the great Abbott and Costello movies every Sat........too many to list :applause:

Get Smart

Speed Racer

Abbott & Costello/Martin & Lewis/Bowery Boys movies every chance I could get. God Bless Channel 5 in Los Angeles back in the day.

Oh, even then I was good at getting hooked on series that lasted only one season:

Tales of the Gold Monkey

Police Squad

I grew up in Mexico, and I saw a lot of shows translated into Spanish.. one of the Dukes of Hazard Boys had the same voice as Knight Rider, and Wonder Woman had the same voice as Daisy Duke..kinda funny..still watched them though..

Hey what was the name of that one show with a Truck driver and his monkey, having adventures on the road..or the other one about a safari expedition in which there was a crosseyed Lion...

As a young kid,Fables of the Green Forrest ,Jolly Green Giant,and good old Hercules....

A-Team,Riptide,Knightrider later...

oh,and The Munsters on replays...

and the theme song to Barnaby Jones RULES

If I had to pick just one, it would probably be Jonny Quest, but any of the following also apply.

The Mighty Heroes :headbang:

Wild, Wild West

Star Trek

Lost in Space

The Monkees

Gilligan's Island

Flintstones

Brady Bunch

Scooby Doo

Hogan's Heroes

Warner Brothers cartoons (Bugs, Daffy, Road Runner, etc)

In my teen years, the following would have been added

WKRP

A-Team

Knight Rider

Mash

Night Court