• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If there is any justice these punks will rot in jail for a long time.

49 posts in this topic

Glenn Beck played the 911 call from Marcus this am. Facinating stuff - it was kinda like the OJ chase all over again.

My favorite line went something like; "I've got two 9mm Beretta's on me and if I catch them first there's likely to be a gunfight"...

sounded like he pushed his pickup truck up to a steady 110 mph so he could just keep their taillights in sight.

The media has finally gotten hold of this and I'm thinking there's gonna be pressure on the judge to come down hard on these guys... :wishluck:

The media has finally gotten hold of this and I'm thinking there's gonna be pressure on the judge to come down hard on these guys... :wishluck:

I really hope so :wishluck: :wishluck:

Glenn Beck played the 911 call from Marcus this am. Facinating stuff - it was kinda like the OJ chase all over again.

My favorite line went something like; "I've got two 9mm Beretta's on me and if I catch them first there's likely to be a gunfight"...

sounded like he pushed his pickup truck up to a steady 110 mph so he could just keep their taillights in sight.

The 911 call.

:bump:

Don't want to let this thread go by the wayside just because it's old news now. I'm a dog lover and this kind of stuff makes me livid with anger. Anybody know if they ever caught the other guy?

I am sure they will charge them with everything possible. I am not that familiar with the US justice system but I would guess that they can only charge them with whatever the legal system allows (max penalty for the crime). Sure the public can push for them to face a stiffer sentence but the doesn't the system have a max penalty that they will have to follow. I am sure that cruelity to an animal only carries so much of a sentence, they can't sentence them to more just because of the owner and his background. Am I wrong?

This is one of those situations where you wish the justice system could give whatever sentence they want to. All I say is that the best justice for the owner was that the police got them first rather then him doing something that would ruin his life forever. These mindless dislplays of voilence towards animals continue to shock and puzzle me. Like most people here I am a dog owner and I can't imagen anyone hurtng him. He is an important part of our family.

I think the fact that it was a therapy dog will play into the sentencing. This isn't like throwing rocks at a pigeon, this is messing with the guy's mental well-being. Way beyond simple 'cruelty to animals'. I'm sure they will find more charges to tack on so these scumbags don't see the light of day for quite some time.

I think the fact that it was a therapy dog will play into the sentencing. This isn't like throwing rocks at a pigeon, this is messing with the guy's mental well-being. Way beyond simple 'cruelty to animals'. I'm sure they will find more charges to tack on so these scumbags don't see the light of day for quite some time.

Yes, that would be nice, but our justice system is sometimes sadly lacking in true justice. If these pieces of have no priors, their lawyers will keep them out on supervision, a fine and maybe community service. That's just the way it is. You can't impose too cruel a punishment because it's "unconstitutional". Remember, criminals have rights too! :screwy:

That's fine with me. They'd actually be a lot safer in prison, I think. They'd be put in a 'sensitive needs unit' with the pedophiles and whatnot, to protect them from the jail's general population. If they get probation, nothing will protect them from civilian general population.

I think I'd rather see them get probation. Who's going to hire these assmunches? Who will rent an apartment to them? Who wouldn't go off on them with a tire iron, given half a chance? Their lives are effectively over, they just don't know it yet.