• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would Love To Get....

45 posts in this topic

..... a hold of that penissucker that hijacked my Ebay account alone for 10 minutes :censored:

What a horror show straightening that mess out :censored: :censored:

Low life turd, you wouldn't be able to walk straight after I got through with you :censored: :censored:

I feel better now :)

:eek:

How did it happen?

R

Through an ask the seller question from an Ebay link :censored:

No way, that really sucks. Did they screw you for any cash? :eek::wishluck:

I've been getting phishing attempts in emails that look like potential eBay bidders asking questions. The message is usually like "Do you ship to XXX" or "Is yours like this one?" with a link. The link takes you to a fake eBay site asking you to sign in.

How did it happen?

R

Can you elaborate?

You sign in on the link and they have your info.

Always go to any website you are involved with and sign in there...never sign in off of an email.

sorry to hear this Nik.

When they hit ask the seller a question in Ebay, I get an automatic email sent.

I replied and next thing I know, it asks me to log in. Like a rookie I did and next thing I know Shawn PMs me to ask if its me sending him links for a camcorder in my auctions.

Two of my listings disappeared and replaced with 2 bogus auctions under my name with fuggin bids on them :censored:

I know before they started truncating usernames on auctions some fellow in Italy was contacting the runner-ups and pretending to send a Second-Chance Offer. All he would ask was that you send payment via Western Union because he was "on vacation" from his home in the USA.

Looked just like a real Second-Chance Offer message, but of course why would eBay allow for WU payments? I came close to falling for it though.

How did it happen?

R

Can you elaborate?

Always go to any website you are involved with and sign in there...never sign in off of an email.

sorry to hear this Nik.

Thanks for that info, I sure wouldnt have know. Sorry also for your trouble Nik, wish there was a way to round these up and bull whip them.

DRX

Can't someone bid on the item they are trying to sale and then find out the payment info or some contact info so ebay can track them down?

Seems like they could only hide behind the fact that they are using your account. To recieve payment they would have to give up some information.

How did it happen?

R

Can you elaborate?

sorry to hear this Nik.

Thanks for that info, I sure wouldnt have know. Sorry also for your trouble Nik, wish there was a way to round these up and bull whip them.

DRX

That can happen with any website...paypal, ebay, whatever.