• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade GS X-Men 1

12 posts in this topic

I'd say it would be an 8.0, but here's the catch....

There is a tiny pin sized hole through the book 893whatthe.gif It's on the left side of the stem in the "T" in Giant. How in heaven this happened is anyone's guess. Because it is a clean hole, it must have been drilled... not punched. foreheadslap.gif

Also, the squarebound spine is solid, but a bit wavy.... would that have an effect on something in the 8.0 range?

gsmn1f.jpg

gsxm1b.jpg

There is a tiny pin sized hole through the book 893whatthe.gif It's on the left side of the stem in the "T" in Giant. How in heaven this happened is anyone's guess. Because it is a clean hole, it must have been drilled... not punched. foreheadslap.gif

I remember seeing this book on EBay a few years ago. A guy had an entire run of New X-Men books, that had all been "professionally mounted", and had a hole drilled through them.

Prices didn't go too high, as it was kind of an oddity, like a bound set.

When did you buy this, and was the hole disclosed?

I remember seeing this book on EBay a few years ago. A guy had an entire run of New X-Men books, that had all been "professionally mounted", and had a hole drilled through them.

Prices didn't go too high, as it was kind of an oddity, like a bound set.

When did you buy this, and was the hole disclosed?

I bought it on ebay back in November. It was listed as VF/NM which it's not, but it was a decent BIN so I jumped on it gambling that if it was an 8.0 it would be worth it.

See My Stupidity

I'm really kicking myself because I misread the description... he stated a "small pinhole through the upper part of the comic", but I misread it as a small pinhole in the upper part of the COVER. tonofbricks.gif

Would this get a Qualified Grade?

I have absolutely no idea on the grade, but I wonder if this seller had any other "pinhole pedigree" books for sale?

Pinhole Pedigree devil.gif The value just went up! insane.gif

He recently sold a huge lot of X-Mens, but I saw no mention of pinholes.

The pinhole actually doesn't bother me that much from an aesthetic view, it's a good looking book overall. I'm just kickin' myself for pulling the trigger before reading the damn description carefully. blush.gif

The pinhole actually doesn't bother me that much from an aesthetic view, it's a good looking book overall. I'm just kickin' myself for pulling the trigger before reading the damn description carefully.

I know what you mean, and that's why I remember the issues. Inititally he had the listed (individual issues GS X-Men 1 to X-Men 11X) as in VF to NM, but later added in the "pinhole explanation" after he got some replies to his scans.

I believe that many of the bids were too high (relatively speaking) for me to want to touch them, and I'm not sure if the initial bidders even read the adjusted description. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think it's a 7.0-7.5 without the pin hole. I saw a couple books that have small pin holes in them. CGC graded them universally with a notation saying "pin hole through such and such pages". Couldn't see enough of the book to tell if it was downgraded due to the pin hole though.

Brian

I'd say it would be an 8.0, but here's the catch....

Also, the squarebound spine is solid, but a bit wavy.... would that have an effect on something in the 8.0 range?

Qualified 5.0.

I think it's a 7.0-7.5 without the pin hole. I saw a couple books that have small pin holes in them. CGC graded them universally with a notation saying "pin hole through such and such pages". Couldn't see enough of the book to tell if it was downgraded due to the pin hole though.

Brian

Brian,

You don't happen to have scans of examples of this notation do you?

Andy