• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage now charging NY state sales tax :(

67 posts in this topic

My Action #11 5.5 and #104 9.4 are sitting at my address in Vermont. I wasn't going to pay sales tax on $4500

What's the address in Vermont?

:devil:

Apparently it's hard to find. I just found out today that my wife sent the property tax payment to the wrong town. doh!

I Love New Jersey :cloud9:

more and more states are going to be leaning on online retailers like this, so i fully expect NJ and others to follow suit. they're all looking for ways to plug the holes in their budgets.

Heritage and other online sellers HAVE NO CHOICE. They must follow the TAX codes of the states that they are located in. If heritage had an office in california they might have to add 9.75% to the price just as your LCS must do.

I few years ago Mile High made a decision to sell their Anaheim store primarily to avoid haveing to charge sales tax to all of their CA online sales. Back then the rate was closer to 7%.