• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STARLOG Ceases Publication...

6 posts in this topic

Though they say it's only temporary, I can't see them restarting a print publication in this environment. I haven't read Starlog regularly in many years, used to be a subscriber, but when I did, I very much enjoyed it.

Makes me wonder how long CBG or Wizard will last in printed form...

"we announce the temporary cessation of the current run of STARLOG as a print magazine"

Jim

Well considering I only pay for real magazines and never for digital ones they should be able to make a profitable business out of that.

Unless I'm not the norm :insane:

The magazine is too slick in its current format and they should look to decreasing their printing costs before ceasing publication IMO

They should also be a little more objective rather than kiss-assed about every movie. Putting out more niche magazines would be more interesting than a monthly broad interest mag.

I find articles of a lot of the movies/shows of no interest to me because they are too juvenile or of a part of the SF genre I have no interest in.

I used to read that when I was a kid and haven't picked it up in several years. Another print victim...hopefully they can regroup, but the magazine biz is just getting too brutally competitive.